Worst Beer - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Worst Beer

Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #31
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5378 Times on 4567 Posts

Quote:
I will drink the crap outta Miller Chill all day long, it's actually delicious, especially when you're on a boat...
Actually, no, it isn't delicious. I accidentally drank pee once, on a boat. Didn't help.

For those of you who have not chosen to waste even a small portion of your income on Miller Chill, lemme splain it to you.

Get a large ice chest. Fill it with ice. Toss in a few pounds of Gulf shrimp. Put that on a boat, in the middle of summer. Motorboat around on your favorite body of salt water all day long. Pick a windy day, or drive into your own salt spray a lot. Be sure to do some fishing so you open the ice chest often. You want to open it so much that the ice melts and the shrimp start to turn pink. You also want to get some salt spray in the ice chest. Now, drive home. It helps if the lid flies off the ice chest about half way. Get home, park the boat and clean your fish. Now, lick your salty lips, reach a fish gut hand into the ice chest, scoop up some salty shrimp bait water and there you go. Miller Chill.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #32
Raenon

Recipes 

Jan 2012
York, PA
Liked 76 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Actually, no, it isn't delicious. I accidentally drank pee once, on a boat. Didn't help.

For those of you who have not chosen to waste even a small portion of your income on Miller Chill, lemme splain it to you.

Get a large ice chest. Fill it with ice. Toss in a few pounds of Gulf shrimp. Put that on a boat, in the middle of summer. Motorboat around on your favorite body of salt water all day long. Pick a windy day, or drive into your own salt spray a lot. Be sure to do some fishing so you open the ice chest often. You want to open it so much that the ice melts and the shrimp start to turn pink. You also want to get some salt spray in the ice chest. Now, drive home. It helps if the lid flies off the ice chest about half way. Get home, park the boat and clean your fish. Now, lick your salty lips, reach a fish gut hand into the ice chest, scoop up some salty shrimp bait water and there you go. Miller Chill.

Colorful as the above description is, it's simply ridiculous, and speaks more to the posters imagination than to his palette.

Miller Chill tastes like Miller Lite with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of salt. If you don't like Miller Lite, you won't like Chill.

If you find Miller Lite passable/acceptable/inoffensive, you might like Chill more or less. I fall into this group, and certainly rate it higher than say, Coors (which tastes like very watery, weak hop tea) or Budweiser (which generally tastes like somewhat less watery beer with a hint of motor oil)

I recognize my own assessments of Coors and Bud are doubtless colored by my own palette, but I do recognize them as beer... just some of the worst possible examples.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #33
Zuljin
TR Fitness King

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5378 Times on 4567 Posts

Hey, I got the salt flavor in there. A pinch? It tastes like brine. The lime flavor is chalky and artificial.

Now, the beer they start with is just fine. I'm MGD from way back. I aint no BMC hater just because I make beer in a bucket. I truly do not like these pseudo Mexican style pre mixed beers. A salted and limed beer is enjoyable now and then, but it doesn't work pre mixed in a can.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Fair enough - something about their version of the lime flavoring and the right amount of salt just "works" for me I guess - for the same reason that some folks do like Bud Light Lime - but I can't stand the stuff.

I admit I am a Miller Anything guy when it comes to pale fizzy beers. Lite, MGD, High Life, Chill, I like most of their stuff. Even 64 is not bad - I drink that when I can't get a full buzz going on or am going to be walking a lot or such.
For me, Bud, not so much, and Coors, only the Banquet, not Light.

In happier news, I am digging the crap out of New Belgium Shift Pale Lager. It's outstanding. Fizzy pale beer I could drink all summer long. Need to see how much a keg would cost me.... ^_^

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #35
SkippyWilliams
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Chicago Area, IN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb76
The absolute worst beer that I have ever drank was this crap called "Weideman". The stuff smelled so bad I would have quit drinking beer rather than drink that stuff.
That beer gives me the worst smelling farts. Seriously I have cleared a house after a few of these.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #36
nasty_rabbit
Recipes 

Feb 2012
auburn, georgia
Liked 110 Times on 72 Posts

Back in the late 70's as an unemployed steel worker, we would drink anything with "old" in the name ( old German, old forester ect.) because it was cheap. We would pour out a bit and then top off the can with tomato juice. You had to like tomato juice but it would definitely mask the taste.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #37
TowsonTiger22

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Baltimore
Liked 2015 Times on 1940 Posts

DFH Tweasonal. I bought it cause I hadn't had it. Taste like strawberry funk.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #38
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Did I just read an entire post disparaging another man's taste in beer for no other reason than to show off their own beer awesomeness? Nah, most likely not, no one has that much spare time or such poor manners.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 04-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #39
Barnzy02
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty_rabbit View Post
Back in the late 70's as an unemployed steel worker, we would drink anything with "old" in the name ( old German, old forester ect.) because it was cheap. We would pour out a bit and then top off the can with tomato juice. You had to like tomato juice but it would definitely mask the taste.
Sounds like what i did all summer two years ago ...

only i used high life and OJ = BEERMOSA

Keg - PennsPorter - Vanilla Porter
Keg - Rye Pale Ale

Pennsport Brewing

Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #40
dbhokie
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

My terrible mentions:

1.) Schlitz I really don't like.
2.) Schaeffers (or however you spell it, terrible)
3.) Miller High Life - So many of my friends drank this going through college, I found it to my palate to be absolutely abhorrent, with a vile taste.
4.) Not cheap, and I like some smoke beers, but I could not stand Aecht Schlenkerla Eiche Oak Smoked Doppelbock. The Oak smoke overpowered the maltiness of the beer, and the underlying beer taste, like a salsa ruined with 2 pounds of cilantro. I couldn't taste anything but smoke, and it tasted like I was eating burnt bacon fumes. Except for I prefer burnt bacon.
Abbey Ale #2
Rye Imperial Pale Ale
Primary
20 Gallons of Apple Cider
Secondary
Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter
Conditioning (Bottle)
---So Sad