Worst Beer - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Worst Beer

Old 04-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Slyko
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Roseville, CA
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

When I was a poor college student we could only afford.

Ugh. I had to drink that junk for years! When I had a Bud, I thought it was sooooooo good!

I hate that stuff! It tastes like yellow water. But it was only $2.50 for a 6 pack!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
brockettbrews
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Charlotte, Nc
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

there was a beer called old german i could get $10 a case, but if you took back your bottles i think it was like $8

Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
hughes_brews

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Washington Twp., MI
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Shlitz Ice. $1.99 for a sixer.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts

this used to go on sale frequently...(70's)

Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
beerloaf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Boise, Idaho
Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts

I recall buying Meisterbrau by the 24 pack for under $10 years back on the West coast. I drank it untill we found nasty sand looking and tasting sediment on the bottom. Ah the good old days.....

beerloaf

Another recent study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.

Not bad.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
beerloaf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Boise, Idaho
Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyko View Post
When I was a poor college student we could only afford.

Ugh. I had to drink that junk for years! When I had a Bud, I thought it was sooooooo good!

I hate that stuff! It tastes like yellow water. But it was only $2.50 for a 6 pack!
I have a friend who only drinks this. He loves it and grew up on it and told me multiple times that he likes it because they are the oldest brewery in the US. Once I gave him a Lowenbrau and he about puked from all the spitting he did trying to drink it. It was a sight to see...

Interesting, do you like Pabst?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schaefer_Beer

beerloaf

Another recent study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.

Not bad.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 

Jul 2011
, Wa
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Anyone had this? cheapest beer we could get for a while in college

Click image for larger version

Name:	sportz900.gif
Views:	388
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	57304

Old 04-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Raenon

Recipes 

Jan 2012
York, PA
Liked 76 Times on 40 Posts

My dad has long been appreciative of good beer, but all too often buys the "cheap swill" as he fondly refers to it, including Schaefer, Busch Light, and Natural Light.
In the Baltimore, MD area where I grew up, one of the classic cheap beers is National Bohemian, affectionately referred to as Natty Boh (not to be confused with "Natty Light"- whole different beast)

Natty Boh is seen as perhaps the perfect accompaniment to a pot of steamed crabs with Old Bay, and has often been sold for as little as $1.99 for a sixer.
It's actually not all that bad for the price, and the watery finish is probably a good idea for such a strongly seasoned seafood pairing.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Slyko
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Roseville, CA
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'll agree, to each his own. But there is some stuff out there that just bums me out!

This stuff is gross. I could only drink it when it was ice cold. I used to get paid with this stuff when I was 14 & mowing laws/washing cars. The guy used to act so cool when he gave me this stuff. It wasn't until I was older that I realized it was $7 a case. What an @sshole!

I went camping with this guy who bragged, "I'll bring all the beer!" He had it in a cooler that was strapped to his roof with bungee cords. On the freeway it fell off at 50 mph & the cans went everywhere! When a truck hits a full can @ 50 mph, it's quite the site to see.

It wasn't till later that I realized it belonged on the freeway.

I actually like Pabst. They serve it at the flea market on those little golf carts. Oh, on a hot day, it's heaven! I'll drink Old Milwaukee. But my favorite cheap beer is.....................

Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2135 Times on 1410 Posts

Can I just say that that Victory Stout was perhaps the worst beer I have tasted recently?? And at $2+ a bottle it isnt "cheap."

After finishing a bottle of Hopticle Illusion and declaring it "pretty damn good I'm surprised" I read in the smaller print that it was also from Victory. So congrats, Victory, you get both my best and worst in recent memory.

By the way, I had a "friend" in college (dude turned out to be a real tool) who refered to Schaffer's as "friendly." "Its not awesome, its doesnt taste bad... its like that girl you meet at the bar right before you go home, and she's cute enough to make you wonder why shes still there"

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!