Did my first AG brew today and overall it went pretty well.
I brewed a Octoberfest/Marzen using a 14 lb. grain bill and my AG brew set up.
Success - hit my mash temp right on.
Failure - overreached on my sparge volume.
I used Brewsmith for the first time and I think I need to tweek it for my equipmentt a little further. I overreached my boil volume through the sparge by 2 gallons. So, I took the excess running's and used them to make 6 quarts of starter wort.
Here are pictures from my day:
My water filter set up from here.
Filling the HLT
My mash tun
My grains ready for the mash
Doing the Vourlauf
My running's after first sparge
My running's from second (batch) sparge
I will post more pics about my beer and my grain bill later.
Thanks for all the great information I have gotten from all of you here on this great board.