Is It A Guy Thing? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Is It A Guy Thing?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Liked 2035 Times on 1768 Posts

Ha! Whine, I've been trying to think of an acronym, and you hit the nail on the head

BarneyG, Your wife sounds like a great woman!
You'd never think it if you met this guy. Middle aged, manly man, perfectly capable. He just never gets around to doing ****! His parents together since they were 12! Large, well- respected-in the-community dad. Definitely has no testosterone shortage. A great guy to be buddies with, but a poor husband. Plenty assertive, too!

Ah, well, I shall brew and drink and smoke and eat!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #12
djfriesen
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Guys like to get by doing as little as possible sometimes. Especially if they can get away with it. I tend to be that way sometimes, so my wife has to call me to task on occasion. Fortunately, my sloth never applies to my hobby.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni View Post
Ha! Whine, I've been trying to think of an acronym, and you hit the nail on the head

BarneyG, Your wife sounds like a great woman!
You'd never think it if you met this guy. Middle aged, manly man, perfectly capable. He just never gets around to doing ****! His parents together since they were 12! Large, well- respected-in the-community dad. Definitely has no testosterone shortage. A great guy to be buddies with, but a poor husband. Plenty assertive, too!

I guess I've noticed this alot recently too. Like I said, they are not feminine. Plenty masculine. Just...soft. That yankee work ethic is missing. The desire to tinker with stuff and mess it up. The Tim Allen trait. lol. No desire to lift the hood of the car, or do a brewing sculpture build using a 440 magnum engine with a Holly 650 dual pumper to run the pumps...no desire to get out the chop saw and build their own picnic table...soft. pampered. different.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #14
ArizonaDB
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Flagstaff, Arizona
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni View Post
lol, love this quote! I shall do the same. Add "bake kick ass artisan bread" and "cheesemaking" to that list for me, though.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
bscott1011
Recipes 

Jan 2012
peoria, il
Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
I guess I've noticed this alot recently too. Like I said, they are not feminine. Plenty masculine. Just...soft. That yankee work ethic is missing. The desire to tinker with stuff and mess it up. The Tim Allen trait. lol. No desire to lift the hood of the car, or do a brewing sculpture build using a 440 magnum engine with a Holly 650 dual pumper to run the pumps...no desire to get out the chop saw and build their own picnic table...soft. pampered. different.
That 440 would be alot cooler with a tunnel ram and twin Dominators

Old 04-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I think, correct me if I am wrong folks, the "Who Must Be Obeyed" portion of our program is to denote that the non-brewer or H/S who brews less often needs to be saved from themselves. Some of us would spend way more money, time, and counter space than we actually had if it wasnt for the mitigatory effect of our sig others.

I too have been accused in the past of being "girly" (I know shocking right?!). I couldnt care less about cars, sports seem mindlessly repetitive and putting together Ikea furniture is more of a hassle then I remember it once being. Buggah, I had a point but I lost it. Sorry.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
Hugh_Jass

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Liked 39 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Bah, everybody knows that women can't brew!
Or drink it.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lone Jack, Missouri
Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscott1011 View Post
The issue with this is though is that the power range is going to be 3,500-7,000 rpm assuming I get a cam to match. With the open headers I'll be running, I'm not going to be able to hear any of my timers, or anything else for that matter......

Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #20
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscott1011 View Post
Ah, but now we are talking a new cam with extended lift and duration valves, some porting and polishing, and while we are there we might as well bore and ring the cylinders...