Is It A Guy Thing? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Is It A Guy Thing?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Liked 2040 Times on 1773 Posts

* Big Giant Rant Approaching!*

I see lots of SWMBO references. I find it amusing, not offensive. But I wonder...Where did I go wrong??? Do the ladies really give you all a hard time, or is it just mantalk? How can I gain such power?
I don't want to Be SWMBO in the literal sense, but Gosh, HWLAMH (He Who Lives At My House) is such a pain. Like, kinda sissyish. If you met him, you'd love the guy. Looks and acts anything but a big ole girly boy.
But he complained about a smell after brewing and hasn't had any beer I've made. Doesn't give a crap about what's in that 5 gallon Better Bottle on the kitchen counter (it's EdWort's Apfelwein). Hasn't even asked about it. Wouldn't your SWMBO's be curious?
Must be that f'ing low-carb baloney I got him into a couple months ago. Who knew he'd pay attention?! Or it could be the 25 year power struggle that some call marriage.
On the bright side, he's not having his buddies over to empty my keg while I'm working 2-10 PM five days a week. He pays for top shelf vodka drinks at a restaurant. I may not make great beer yet, but he doesn't know that, cause he hasn't had any. It's not hard to get- it's been kegged in my new kegerator that sits in the kitchen.

This is Drunken YaddaYadda and Mindless Blah Blah Blah, Right?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
unionrdr
Heavyweight homebrewing author & shootist of air
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Sheffield, Ohio
Liked 3690 Times on 3170 Posts

Sounds like he needs a little visit from Hanz & Franz. "cause we're going to pump YOU up!" (SNL) My wife has made a couple of batches,but she likes most of what I brew. She always askes if a batch of my beer is ready that's been getting it's fridge time. She'll then make sure we have a jug of vodka around to go with'em.
Hell,she's even sat down with me,a bottle of Quervo gold & a bottle of Roses's lime juice. And we pretty much always drink together,save for those days where she's tired & I need some rhumatize medicine. So I guess it's a matter of conditioning &/or preference.
New! John Henry- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GBV3UXU

Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA

Glad to hear you share the fun together!
I'm just bitchin 'cause it's so bassackwards. Guess why I started drinking, LOL!
It is kinda disappointing when I do "guy stuff" all by myself. Like installing appliances, plumbing fixtures, making beer, smoking meats, etc. I don't nag, I just get it done He can do it; just won't. Gaahhh!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5366 Times on 4560 Posts

Quote:
just mantalk
That.

Quote:
But he complained about a smell after brewing and hasn't had any beer I've made. Doesn't give a crap about what's in that 5 gallon Better Bottle on the kitchen counter (it's EdWort's Apfelwein). Hasn't even asked about it. Wouldn't your SWMBO's be curious?
She'd come at me with a flash light and a spray bottle. I'd sing like a canary.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
That.

She'd come at me with a flash light and a spray bottle. I'd sing like a canary.
Oh, to have a fraction of that intoxicating power! I need lessons. Real Bad.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
WhineinAlbany
Recipes 

May 2011
Glenville, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love this post. Thank you.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Malticulous

Recipes 

Aug 2008
St. George Utah
Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts

I don't like the acronym. I need obeyed and she needs to be pleased. Fortunately my beer pleases her.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
WhineinAlbany
Recipes 

May 2011
Glenville, NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm thinking HWMC (he who must complain)

Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6813 Times on 4028 Posts

In general, I do what I want. My wife has her say, and I try my best to abide by it (I love her to the ends of the earth). I like the peaceful kingdom. But I am the final word, and that is that. She likes my hobby to stay outside and so do I.

SWMBO? Sure, gotta keep mamma happy. If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

ArizonaDB Likes This 
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

My wife is no SWMBO. Sharona, you would like her. She's way into the Pats, will watch the Sox and Bruins, loves good beer and is totally supportive. She doesn't brew and is only mildly curious of my process. One thing she is, though , is more patient with my beer than I am. I tapped two beers a couple of weeks ago. My strong pale ale and a kit milk chocolate stout that I kicked up a notch. She only wants me to taste the stout (her fav) for potential issues and not pull a pint cuz she says my beer is perfect! About the time the keg is ready to kick. lol. But she doesn't do the manly stuff. Thats my job.

I dont know what it is about some guys nowadays. They are so...soft? Its like they lost the mancard in the mail or something. They aren't girlie, they're just...soft. Is HWMC a product of a broken home? No male influence? I hear its in the water too. Birth control isn't removed during waste treatment operations and its in the water supply making women more assertive and men less so.