First recipe post
1 Box (25 bags) generic green tea
1 cup frozen mixed fruit (pineapple, papaya, mango, strawberry)
2 cups sugar
1 cup apple juice (yeast starter)
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1 can white grape and raspberry concentrate
2 cups sugar
1/8 tsp pectin
Tied tea bags together and let steep in 4/5 gallon of water until aroma and color was deep. moved into fermenter to cool. Mixed campden with sugar, and added to tea mixture that still had floating fruit. After 24 hours, added my frothing yeast, stirred fervently, then added top and airlock.
Initial bubbling was slow for a day, then maintained vigorous bubbling for a few days.
(steps still to be completed)
When gravity reaches 1.010 will rack to secondary, removing floating fruit. Adding the concentrate, pectin, additional campden, and fresh made tea to top off.
Allow to bubble away until gravity reads 1.010 again. Add stabilizers, and sweeten lightly for taste.
I decided to split this batch between two, two liter carboys. I added pectin, the concentrate, and campden with the sugar, Then topped off with two different brews of tea. Still the generic green tea, but one was topped off with a mixture of 5 tea bags, and the other with ten.. an experiment to see about how much flavor it will add.
Gravity reading after adding the two cups of sugar and the can of concentrate.
Flavor Notes: at the first transfer it had very little flavor. kind of like a water and alcohol.
Color Notes: the brew lightened up, but the concentrate I have added is a deep purple color, so this should be beautiful when it clears.
Reason: "brew in progress" editing with updates