Disaster supplies - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Disaster supplies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Taise
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Wichita, KS
Posts: 48
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts



Not sure who else lives in the mid west but there were a TON of tornadoes touching down here. With all that going down I STILL couldn't convince my wife that my mead constituted emergency supplies.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
fatbloke
 
fatbloke's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2006
UK - South Coast.
Posts: 2,699
Liked 182 Times on 167 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Taise View Post
Not sure who else lives in the mid west but there were a TON of tornadoes touching down here. With all that going down I STILL couldn't convince my wife that my mead constituted emergency supplies.
So if you have to have a "safe area", then make that into your fermenting space!

That way, it's already there, if the disaster should strike.......
__________________
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

Oh, and here's some blog stuff!

PaddyMurphy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
WIMARIPA
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 147
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


I buy honey by the 60 lb bucket so that I can have plenty of food on hand in case of emergency! Then when some gets diverted for other use I absolutely NEED to replenish my emergency supply.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
bgeek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
bgeek's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 89
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


The water might not be safe to drink after a disaster. Best to err on the safe side and keep your concoctions close.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Taise
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Wichita, KS
Posts: 48
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
So if you have to have a "safe area", then make that into your fermenting space!

That way, it's already there, if the disaster should strike.......
I thought of that but for some reason she doesn't want me storing large amounts of alcohol in easily accessed container in the closet of our toddler's bedroom. I can't imagine why...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
odinsgift
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Posts: 491
Liked 111 Times on 89 Posts


One who drinks may be better for making concise decisions and staying calm.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Kodatech
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Roanoke, VA
Posts: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeek View Post
The water might not be safe to drink after a disaster. Best to err on the safe side and keep your concoctions close.
Im with you on this one!

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
disaster!?!?!?! tranceamerica Mead Forum 5 04-06-2008 04:13 AM


Forum Jump