My swmbo cares. - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My swmbo cares.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
thepartsmancometh
Recipes 

Jan 2010
central, IL
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

Mine is supportive for sure. Very tolerant, especially considering we have a small house and I tend to occupy both the bathroom and the kitchen for hours on brewdays. She is pretty picky about beer, but I try to make her at least one batch a year that's just hers. I love my wife dearly!

Old 04-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 199 Times on 150 Posts

GF - Can't make a batch without her - or I'm in trouble. She drinks what we brew, except some of the ambers and browns we keep on hand for friends. She loves a good smoked porter.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Keller, Texas
Liked 254 Times on 196 Posts

My wife doesn't really get into brewing but she helps when I ask and she actually likes to bottle.

We brewed our first batch on her birthday. I took over quite a bit of her house with homebrewing before I moved in (before we were married, of course). Now it has taken over a portion of the kitchen, dining room, an entire closet, half of a bathroom, some of the garage, part of a bedroom and sometimes part of the living room. She only complains when I make a mess in the kitchen while brewing and don't clean it up. I'm still trying to get burnt wort off the stove top.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

I must be lucky because mine does not drink and supports my brewing.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #15
TalonBrew
Recipes 

Apr 2010
, Colorado

The first sentence of this thread is outstanding!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4764 Times on 3216 Posts

I'm sure my wife would say I needed to brew more, but she won't until the remodeling is done on the house...

Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
_JP_
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Woodstock, GA
Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang Glider View Post
GF - Can't make a batch without her - or I'm in trouble. She drinks what we brew, except some of the ambers and browns we keep on hand for friends. She loves a good smoked porter.
"Smoked porter" - My wife's favorite also (and family's too). She helped formulate a recipe for a batch while she was pregnant so it'd be ready when she could drink again.

Just made another batch yesterday and threw in some oatmeal. She helped out a little during brew day.

Upcoming projects:
NG line for outdoor burner

Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
slomo
Recipes 

Jan 2009
sacramento, ca.
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravhawk2000 View Post
I'm gonna jump in on this one for a sec. If she giving you the go ahead to brew more is a good thing, how many wives and significant others are there that have issues with you brewing?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but my swmbo is the one who gave me my first kit for my birthday. She does the websites and created all the labels, when I bottle. Plus she is 100% support of the bar and EHERMS I'm preparing to build in the basement.

Is this unusual, lol? How many SWMBOs out here are very much for or against?

EDIT: Oh and btw, my wife hates beer and won't go near it, lol.
My swmbo is very supportive of the hobby, she bought me my first kit. She also hates beer, but loves to bottle. The reason why its a celebration is because sometimes swmbos be crazy, and you never know how far that support will go. I thought that I was well past the point of being supported by her, only to find that there is a whole bunch of room remaining.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!