My swmbo cares. - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My swmbo cares.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
slomo
Recipes 

Jan 2009
sacramento, ca.
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

So I was on the toilet taking a duece while reflecting on todays events, and realized that swmbo cares about my brewing. We had some friends over today for some BBQ and brewing. I had just got done chilling the wort and was getting the yeast when I over heard swmbo say that she wished that I would brew more. At the time that I heard this I was too busy adding the yeast to my IIPA, and didnt pay much attention to it. However, shes got my full attention now, the sky is the limit!
The beatings will continue until morale improves!

ArizonaDB Likes This 
Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
EVL_VI
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Rotorua, NZ, NZ

yusssssss!!!! My partner is the exact same, except she dont drink beer :S

Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
blawjr
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Statesboro, Georgia
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

you lucky son of a

Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
, Maryland, The Tax Me State
Liked 527 Times on 400 Posts

You wasted an opportunity. She was obviously drunk. Today....she will be sober and forget the whole thing. You have to strike while the iron is hot my friend!! LMAO

Old 04-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
slomo
Recipes 

Jan 2009
sacramento, ca.
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy71 View Post
You wasted an opportunity. She was obviously drunk. Today....she will be sober and forget the whole thing. You have to strike while the iron is hot my friend!! LMAO
When I woke this morning I had the same terrifying thought. So I rolled over, gently woke swmbo, and asked her if she thought that I needed to brew more. She said yes, and I told her that I would get several batches going right away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #6
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008

woohooo!!!!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
ravhawk2000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Richland, WA
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm gonna jump in on this one for a sec. If she giving you the go ahead to brew more is a good thing, how many wives and significant others are there that have issues with you brewing?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but my swmbo is the one who gave me my first kit for my birthday. She does the websites and created all the labels, when I bottle. Plus she is 100% support of the bar and EHERMS I'm preparing to build in the basement.

Is this unusual, lol? How many SWMBOs out here are very much for or against?

EDIT: Oh and btw, my wife hates beer and won't go near it, lol.

http://www.hemlibrewingco.com

Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #8
Kittyfeet
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Lebanon, OR
Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Hawk: I'm thinking (just from what I've read, which certainly isn't every thread here) that the general SWMBO is either supportive or apathetic. It's way more common for folks to brag about how awesome they or their respective other half is for x or y reason. The occasional 'Swmbo sux' thread is normally due to some aspect of the relationship that has nothing to do with brewing.

Not that I can recall the specifics of any of these threads, so don't ask for proof.

Back to the op: has anyone out there figured out why all the best ideas/realizations happen in the bathroom? Srsly, I'm starting to think they need to design think tanks to look just like bathrooms. So many more ideas would happen!

Old 04-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravhawk2000 View Post
I'm gonna jump in on this one for a sec. If she giving you the go ahead to brew more is a good thing, how many wives and significant others are there that have issues with you brewing?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but my swmbo is the one who gave me my first kit for my birthday. She does the websites and created all the labels, when I bottle. Plus she is 100% support of the bar and EHERMS I'm preparing to build in the basement.

Is this unusual, lol? How many SWMBOs out here are very much for or against?

EDIT: Oh and btw, my wife hates beer and won't go near it, lol.
Mine supports the hobby. But, I understand that some others don't. But, women are women. Who the hell knows what they are thinking at any given time.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Fizzycist
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Liked 50 Times on 33 Posts

Mine is supportive, so long as I don't drain the bank account on brewing gear. The problem is: she doesn't drink beer. But as long as I keep the cider coming, too, she's ok!