After waiting 4 weeks for my Belgian triple to ferment, I did my normal bottling routine. Added corn sugar and primed to reach 3 volume carbonation. Managed to let it sit another month before I tried a bottle. I thought it might be a little harsh still, but I wanted to see how it was progressing.
I cracked the lid and had absolutely no pop, uh-oh. Tasted it and it was sweet with no carbonation. It was way more cloying than I expected, so I took an gravity reading for kicks and grins, and my FG had jumped back up! Seriously confused, opened another bottle same exact thing.
At this point I'm really bummed, and start back tracking my bottling process (I haven't bottled since then, its been a slow brewing month). I bought a new bag of priming sugar for the brew and found that sitting on my brew cart, but it was unopened. Right next to it was an opened bag of lactose with 3 volumes worth of priming sugar missing from it. I forgot I bought lactose for a milk stout, and apparently didn't check the label carefully if at all. Although in my defense they are pretty similar looking:
Check those labels carefully unless you want a belgian milk tripple with an FG of 1.029. I'm going to dump the bottles in a bucket, prime with corn sugar this time, and pitch some Nottingham to get it to a somewhat carbonated beer.