Untitled IPA- The Process and Product

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keffa

Reaction score
So, I posted a recipe that my friend Robert and myself brewed (see https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/todays-brew-untitled-ipa-319546/ ) and posted pics in there, should have posted them here. So...

Getting ready:
97092943.jpg

Bad cutting job is bad:
bfbdc0a7.jpg

Grain, anyone?
4b02e8ee.jpg

Mash draining:
cff066fb.jpg

Looking good so far:
4d006b6b.jpg

Boil started:
f18162c2.jpg

Hey, those look like hops:
3bcd27ea.jpg

Me adding the Centennial @ 60 minutes:
02279a24.jpg

The chiller, post use (Side note, if you don't use a chiller, you need to):
bbd8c650.jpg

Into the fermenter you go:
55fc99a7.jpg

9PM last night:
487a971b.jpg

Today around noon:
2159d49d.jpg

SG sample:
1fa0b953.jpg

And a cam feed of it bubbling away:

http://kc8tad.homelinux.net:9999/videofeed

Note- a file popup will most likely show itself, titled videofeed. It's part of the Android setup that is running the camera on the phone being used to record the fermentation. Just hit cancel, you don't need to save it or anything else to see the cam feed.

NICE fermenter pics. (the rest aren't too shabby either!) Did you need to switch to a blow-off tube?

NICE fermenter pics. (the rest aren't too shabby either!) Did you need to switch to a blow-off tube?

Yep, today, matter of fact. I checked on it last night, and it was okay, sitting at 61 and seemed to be slowing a little. Today about noon I checked it, and it was at 59.9 and had blown yeast into the airlock and was going heavily. It's got a blowoff on it now and is still going quite heavily.

The cam feed went down though.

Here are more photos that i've been capturing of it from the stream (which the URL has changed because it is my home connection and, well, its just not enough. I might put it on ustream if people are that worried about watching it bubble along. lol.

Enjoy the hilarious photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Yeah, probably for the better that we caught it :p

Hi Bobert! :wave:

And who says US-05 isn't any good? :p

I love 05. Gives me nice, clear beer. Heck, the last 1/2 batch I did with it went a little crazy and required a blow-off tube! Yup, I'm all about 05.

I love 05. Gives me nice, clear beer. Heck, the last 1/2 batch I did with it went a little crazy and required a blow-off tube! Yup, I'm all about 05.

It seems to be working well for this beer. Hoping it turns out well.

I've yet to do an extract brew, all grain is easy enough, I can't imagine the time saving from extract.

Great pics. I made up my mind I am switching to all grain. I don't care if I screw up. I bet the beer taste way better then extract..... Of to make a list of what I need!!

Back