A question on my mind... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > A question on my mind...

Old 04-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #11
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
TK PK
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts

read an article a month or 2 ago... some guy gave up food for lent. drank nothing but doppelbock for however long lent is. survived and was healthy

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...st/?hpt=hp_bn8

claphamsa on untappd

Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
dcott

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Fairfield, VA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
read an article a month or 2 ago... some guy gave up food for lent. drank nothing but doppelbock for however long lent is. survived and was healthy
He lost 25 lbs. Maybe I can convince SWMBO that this is the diet plan I've been looking for.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~Jack Handey

Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #13
landshark
HMFIC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcott View Post
He lost 25 lbs. Maybe I can convince SWMBO that this is the diet plan I've been looking for.
Trying that currently.

SWMBO: OMG 190 beers!
Me: That's Much less than the ~20/day I was drinking when I was laid off for 6 months. Really, I typically already drink 4 beers/day. I'm just cutting out food.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
dcott

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Fairfield, VA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
I typically already drink 4 beers/day. I'm just cutting out food.
Exactly!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

~Jack Handey