Happy Father's Day - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Happy Father's Day

Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
Jul 2006
Maryland 'burbs of Washington, D.C.
Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts

I've had a great Father's Day already! My wife, kids, and inlaws took me out for breakfast at this new restaurant called First Watch (Florida chain that has moved up here.)

After breakfast we took a walk around the new Rockville Town Center. There's a Gordon Biersch that just opened there. It wasn't open, but I was admiring it from the outside and commented how I'd love to go there for dinner sometime. A guy walking by invites me in and gives me a tour of the place. He then brings me to the bar and instructs the bartender to give me a sampler of everything on the house. How ****ing cool! Completely unplanned and a perfect way to start my day!

Old 06-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #12
May 2007
Fallston, MD
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Orpheus
There's a Gordon Biersch that just opened there.
I got some time there about 2 weeks ago after work, love the sidewalk-side bar thing.

I'm working today but Friday night I went out to my fav local beer bar for a few beers with a friend of mine, went fishing on Saturday morning, came home and went to the Harrisburg Brewer's Fest, came home and after dinner took my oldest (3-1/2) fishing and got to watch him land his first fish. Was a great (early) Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, fellas!

Old 06-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #13
Reinvented Biermann
Mar 2006
East Peoria, IL
Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

I'm working a 14 hour shift today. I'll be home at 9, and I've been sick to boot, and my kids will be in bed when I get home, so my Father's Day has sucked. But I'm hoping to make up for it with a couple of when I get home.

Happy Father's Day to everyone else that has been able to enjoy it!!
On Draft: Old, Stale, Oxidized beer

Holding tanks:Sold
Conical #1:Sold
Bottles: Nichts
On Deck: