Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Efficiency mystery solved
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
alestateyall
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 736
Liked 89 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Today my ikettle efficiency was 67%. I usually get 73-75%. I could not figure out what happened.

I also noticed that the wort seemed too light in color.

Finally I found a pound of caramel 40 that I forgot to add to the mash. It was in a drawer in my brew fridge and I didn't notice it when grabbing my ingredients.

Mystery solved. Kettle efficiency 73%.


alestateyall is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS