• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale HDPE Fermenters/Grain Storage Containers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i've given up trying to seal it with aquarium sealer. I bought a couple lids last night im gonna mess with them today and see what i can make happen. The problem is the top is slightly out of round, so the screw on portion doesn't make contact all the way which causes it to leak slightly. I want to use it as a fermenter and have it be air tight. I currently have a batch going in one, but its leaking co2. Im sure the beer will turn out, but i was expecting a tight seal.

Well, i've given up trying to seal it with aquarium sealer. I bought a couple lids last night im gonna mess with them today and see what i can make happen. The problem is the top is slightly out of round, so the screw on portion doesn't make contact all the way which causes it to leak slightly. I want to use it as a fermenter and have it be air tight. I currently have a batch going in one, but its leaking co2. Im sure the beer will turn out, but i was expecting a tight seal.

I just started messing with mine this morning, at first I thought it was holding a seal but the lid was filling with water and once I tilted it again it overflowed rapidly.

If you can figure anything out let me know, Im going to try a few things but Im not overly confident.

I haven't been able to get a good seal on mine. The lid is just too warped. I think it still be ok as a primary even without an airtight seal, but it kind of sucks for cleaning. I put a few gallons of star san solution in and shook it up and it ended up all over the floor :(

I think i may have finally gotten a good seal on mine. I realized these are the same size as 5 gallon buckets. Home depot sells an orange bucket lid for their homer pails, on the inside is a rubber gasket. I took the gasket out of the lid and pounded it into the lip of the inner seal. Then i laid it on and screwed the top down tight. Seems to be holding pressure, and im getting some bubbles through my airlock.

I bought a few of these not really thinking about how big they are and the commitment space wise.

If anyone is interested I will sell them for $15/piece plus shipping. So even if you don't use them as fermenters they are grey for grain storage.

Back