Bottled just now. Beer finished at 1.009. Yielded more than I expected; ~5.5 gallons in the bottling bucket. Didn't clean that many swing-tops, so the rest is sitting here next to me in a pitcher.
Color is just on the amber side of golden, though the beer is more turbid than I'd like.
Flavor is pretty good, better than I expected for an extract-only beer. The Delta provided a strong bitterness that lasts and lasts - more than I expected from the calculation. There's just enough residual sweetness and malt flavor to balance up front, then finishing with a resounding bitterness at the back. That's what I expect from Special/Best/Premium Bitter, which is the style I was shooting for.
Unfortunately, I got no hops aroma at all. It's as though I needn't have bothered with the flameout addition. Maybe that'll change when the beer conditions and the devolving CO2 brings hops notes to my nose. But I can't detect any flavor either, so I am not sanguine.
Still, I can tell it's a keeper for my stable, if only because it surprised me with its goodness and it's easy to brew as eating pancakes. Next time with the following tweaks:
1. Secondary with 1 oz at least of Delta for dry hops
2. Ditto for gelatin to promote clarity. I forgot how poorly S-05 settles.
When the beer conditions fully and the flavor matures, I'll post my findings. Hopefully I can get it before an unbiased judge or two for their thoughts.
Now imma go post more while I finish this pitcher. Watch out for drucken posting!