A while back I made a post about my first batch but it was vague because I didn't actually come up with the recipe. Here was the original thread: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f164/first-batch-309252/
3 Gallon Batch--I'm calling it "Ale is Well"
2lb Flaked Corn
2lb malted and medium roasted buckwheat
At 153 for 45 minutes
3lb Sorghum extract
1lb rice syrup solids
1/2 lb light belgian candi syrup
1/2 lb dark belgian candi syrup
1/2 lb lactose
1/2 oz Mt. Hood for 60 minutes
1/2 oz liberty for last 15 minutes
1/4 oz mt hood for the last minute
This turned out to be a great beer. I wish I had drank it more sparingly. I have just over 6 left. It has developed a nice head that sticks around for the entire drink and the flavor is...good but hard to describe. There is definitely the sorghum twang but it is by far better than anything I've purchased (Aside from Greens). FWIW...as I mentioned in the other post, the guy helping me brew does all grain gluten-oppressed beers and he said it was better than some he had made.
For the next batch, the original plan was to remove the buckwheat and flaked corn and leave all of the other ingredients the same to see what type of beer, flavor, body, resulted. But then we didn't do that.
This is what we brewed up today. Another 3 gallon batch
3lb sorghum extract
1 1/2 lbs of brown rice syrup
1/2 lb dark candi syrup
1/2 lb light candi syrup
1/2 lb lactose
1 oz Columbus
All for 60 minutes
1/2 oz Columbus for the last 5 minutes
1 oz cascade for the last minute
1 whirfloc tablet
This one started bubbling about 2 hours after we put it in the primary.