Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beersmith2 adjusting cost to a ingredient on a single recipe only?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Beersmith2 adjusting cost to a ingredient on a single recipe only?

Folks,

I can't seem to find a way to adjust cost on a specific ingredient only at the single recipe level.

The most common example is when adding yeast, if I'm using a wash or a slant it still pulls the same cost as if I was using a retail package. If I change it to $0 it updates it across all recipes

On a similar vein, I see the recipe supports a version #, but any change you make to the recipe updates in all versions?

I just bought grains at my LHBS for a blonde ale, but when I got there they didn't have Crystal 10L, they only had Crystal 20L. I can't update the recipe for a single brew (version) without it updating the "master recipe"?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
duboman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 506 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas
Folks,

I can't seem to find a way to adjust cost on a specific ingredient only at the single recipe level.

The most common example is when adding yeast, if I'm using a wash or a slant it still pulls the same cost as if I was using a retail package. If I change it to $0 it updates it across all recipes

On a similar vein, I see the recipe supports a version #, but any change you make to the recipe updates in all versions?

I just bought grains at my LHBS for a blonde ale, but when I got there they didn't have Crystal 10L, they only had Crystal 20L. I can't update the recipe for a single brew (version) without it updating the "master recipe"?
You can use the substitute button, change the ingredient and then do a save as instead of save

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010