Good Idea for re-usable bottles: Chalkboard Paint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frisbee91

Reaction score
Haven't tried this, but I think I will:

Dishwasher-safe chalkboard paint applied to bottles. Then, use chalk to label the brew. Here's a writeup, with a link to the details on instructables.

Looks like it will great for the storage jars in the link. But I have to wonder, what happens when you put the bottles in the fridge.....they get condensation on them, and the chalk drips off. Just sayin.

I know this is a relatively old thread but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in... We did wine glasses with chalkboard paint on the base so you could write your name on it so your glass didn't get confused when drunk woman time was happening with my wife and her friends... They are far from dishwasher proof. The paint just peels right off after one wash. They are condensation resistant though so if u hand wash bottles its a solid idea.

Love the wine glass idea, however I feel like that would be a lot of work and little reward doing it to so many beer bottles. Maybe that's just because I have horrific handwriting though....

I use chalkboard paint on all my fermenting equipment so I can keep track of what's in them and dates / gravities.

I'm using masking tape to mark the kegs...?

its a good idea but i feel it is not practical. when i want to just not label my bottles i write with a sharpie on the caps

Back