Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #1621
munklunk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I plan on brewing this up next week, and just made some drastic changes to the hop schedule, with the hopes of bringing a hop punch to the party. Additions are as follows:
.75oz magnum @ 60
.5oz cascade @ 30
.5oz cascade @ 15
1oz cascade @ flameout.

ibu's should be around 38, and cascade presence should be rather high. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post

I know one thing... if there's a depression and beer companies go out of business... I'm selling my homebrew.
Huckleberry Brewing

Pride of the Northside

Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #1622
Centexbear
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinsato View Post
Crash cooling is basically moving the fermenter to a cold place (outside, fridge, kegerator) for 24-48 hours in order to let everything settle to the bottom. This is done at the end of fermentation. You can then bottle/keg a much clearer beer.
I've also heard of using gelatin. Are they used for the same effect? Are there pros and cons to using either/or?

Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #1623
IowAve
Recipes 

Brewed this today. Had to use some Hallertau I had sitting around to make up for the low AA% of the Cascades I found. Looking forward to 5-6 weeks from now.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #1624
D0ug
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Bottled my first batch of this about 10 days ago, I've been drinking it for 4.

I can tell this one is not going to be around for very long, my friends came over for a brew session last night and enjoyed this recipe mightily!

Thanks for the great recipe Edwort!
Drinking 'merc

Old 12-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #1625
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowAve View Post
Brewed this today. Had to use some Hallertau I had sitting around to make up for the low AA% of the Cascades I found. Looking forward to 5-6 weeks from now.
Wow, when hallertau beats cascade on alpha content, those are some weak cascades!
Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Old 12-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #1626
IowAve
Recipes 

oh, no. The cascades where stronger that the hallertau; I had the full 2oz of cascade, I added just about .25 oz of hallertau to get the total AAUs indicated by the recipe. I will admit they were a little on the weak side for cascade.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #1627
RobBug
Recipes 

So...ya I brewed this and ended up a bit higher on the gravity - 1.062. I thought my efficiency would suck so I modified my grain bill a bit. Stupid me also modified my brew method a bit at the same time. Needless to say I achieved an 85% efficiency when I calc'd a 50% efficiency.

As to taste - Awesome. I brewed a 90min IPA today with friends. I had a full keg of this ale on tap. I now have <2 gals on tap from 5gals. They are "happy". I am happy.

Thanks for posting the recipe!!

Bubblehead Brewing - Bangor, WA submariners' Brew Blogs
---
"The hardest part of all-grain brewing is arguing about it on the interwebs ;-)" - tjpfeister

Old 12-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #1628
Toecutter
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Ok, so i have been drinking this for a week now. great beer. wife has been asking for it by name (I want that light stuff). I substituted Columbus for bittering. looks like I'll be brewing 10 gallons next, its going too fast.

On Tap: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen, Toecutters Honey HPA

Fermenting: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen

Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #1629
platypotamus
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

most excellent. I've been looking for a simple, easy Pale Ale to use my first batch of homegrown nuggets and cascades in. this one sounds perfect. just have to decide where / when to use the hops. maybe I could just dry-hop with them. thoughts?

Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 AM   #1630
wacko
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Not sure when this was published but congrats on getting listed in the ten most popular beer recipes in popular mechanics Edwort
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...c=rss#fbIndex1