My favorite country songs - Page 51 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My favorite country songs

Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #501
McBrewskie
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca
Liked 312 Times on 229 Posts

Alright, here a couple vids to keep it going.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 AM   #502
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK
Liked 120 Times on 84 Posts

You have to listen hard for the lyrics on this one. Love old country. This is everything country music embodies.
I hope you folks are awake tonight. I can never get to sleep on sunday nights. here's a track to keep you going.
and one more before i crawl to bed. old school classic.

I hate you monday. Worked too much, wish i could get on a horse and ride out on the open range like the old days. good night

Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #503
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK

Wakin up the country in here. Hope everyone is having a good evening. I'm not having that great of an evening, but that is the life of a country man, and it is life everywhere. It's a nonstop battle of pain, suffering and enduring. We get better everyday, even when we don't know it. gawldamn the ol' lady problems; i swear they are all crazy. here's an ol' track to keep me alive and drinkin...

this is a popular song about what has happened with the music industry. over-produced an soulless, that mickey-mouse-club-country just doesn't cut it for a real country boy.

I've got a big wide open space in colorado on my mind. womans done with me and i'm done toeing the line. this is a sad but beautiful song, that always reminds me of being on top of the continental divide and looking out over 100's of miles of wild-ass mountain country. (even though this song is about wwII, )

"she was there with me,
she will always be on my mind,
but i'm a heathen and a rambler,
and my life is just a short time." -garagedweller

Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #504
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK

Here's something i stumbled across and thought it was good. always nice to hear something fresh (although its a traditional song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=7M1BIwp8VzI

Whew! this speaks my mind right now. to the tee! excuse the end part....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=7M1BIwp8VzI

Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #505
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2176 Times on 1362 Posts

"she was there with me,
she will always be on my mind,
but i'm a heathen and a rambler,
and my life is just a short time." -garagedweller

That's pure country! You ought to write a full song out of it!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #506
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK

I'll be damned if that song up there is turning into an epic. haha. haven't been able to put up any good stuff for a while and I'm sorry i'm not keeping things rolling here. still dealing with a "situation" on my end, so i haven't had much time to do my tunes. I still go back through the last 10-15 pages of this thread and play a lot of the songs. There are some true gems up and I'll be dammed if i'm going to let the best music thread on HBT die a slow painful death (although that would be country...). I promise to get something good up in the next few days if i can get back to a computer. You boys keep it rollin, and watch out for evil hearted women; they will run you dry, then ask you why.
Here's an upbeat track to help me think of movin on
love the way he sings this one

Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #507
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK

ok, ok. this was too hard to pass up. i know its a traditional song and these boys didnt' write it, but they put it on an album called "Tragic Songs of Life" if that don't just butter my biscuit, i don't know what does. Dreading getting up tomorrow morning, but its just another day in the jungle.

I know you will like this one dan. I think you could be right, waylon may be the best. Its a toss up, but this is solid.
cheers folks!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #508
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Ok, I am not a country music guy by any stretch, so I apologize in advance to you, Dan, if I poop on your thread.......

As corny as it is, my favorite country song is probably "Wolves" by Garth Brooks. I know, lame on my part but I love it. And there's something about Johnny Cash that spans musical genre, the man had something to say and we all listen.

Sláinte!

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #509
McBrewskie
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca

Gotta love George.

GarageDweller Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #510
McBrewskie
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
Ok, I am not a country music guy by any stretch, so I apologize in advance to you, Dan, if I poop on your thread.......

As corny as it is, my favorite country song is probably "Wolves" by Garth Brooks. I know, lame on my part but I love it. And there's something about Johnny Cash that spans musical genre, the man had something to say and we all listen.

Sláinte!
Cash was on another level altogether in terms of his transcending genres. Just love this version, the speed the rhythm, hell if they picked up the pace this isn't just country it's flat out punk rock.

GarageDweller Likes This