My favorite country songs - Page 48 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My favorite country songs

Old 09-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #471
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK
Liked 120 Times on 84 Posts

"here's a little masterpiece of nonsense I wrote a coupla years ago. 3 years ago. a lot of folks request this for other folks, nobody probably ever hardly request it for themselves" - Hank
Unionrdr..... Epic post!

Also, Great post dogbeats. That sound should be what people consider "new country" as opposed to the garbage that you hear mainstream. Why don't they play this on the local country radio station? Is there a law against real musicians on the radio today? He may not be "new" but I've never heard of the guy. When i look for new musicians I can find tons of good stuff, but never hear them locally on the radio.
To the best music thread on HBT!!
This ones probably a repost...Still a good one for the weekend
Kind of Country, but a band worth checking out if you don't know them.
Hope everyones having a good weekend. brewday tomorrow!

Dan Likes This 
Old 09-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #472
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2202 Times on 1380 Posts

GarageDweller thank you for another great post! I always look forward to seeing what you post next. Thanks man, sincerely.

Dan

Old 09-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #473
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Say you were stranded on an island (with the girl of your choice ) but had the ability to listen to only one singer, come hail or highwater.

Who would it be?

Me?

Waylon Jennings

GarageDweller Likes This 
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #474
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Merle Haggard. I see and hear Waylon Jennings, Willy Nelson and Hank Williams Jr in his voice and appearance. If my ear's aren't deceiving me, he says a thanks to Willy

Mostly, I hear Willy Nelson in Merle Haggards voice. Honestly I don't know who influenced who more. Either way they both are incredible.

GarageDweller Likes This 
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #475
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Say you were stranded on an island (with the girl of your choice ) but had the ability to listen to only one singer, come hail or highwater.

Who would it be?

Me?

Waylon Jennings
The harder i think i can't answer this question. Makes my head hurt to even think that hard. It would have to be someone who had a very extensive number of albums so you wouldn't go too crazy listening to the same thing over and over. You know, thinking even further, having to be around the same damn woman everyday without any other people to interact with would drive me nuts too. hah. Its kind of like what my brother did. Moved to key west with his ol' lady and got married and then divorced. As my friend in 4th grade used to say, "lifes a beach!".

Not a huge fan of the islandy country music, but i do know that country music is all about open spaces. That includes the ocean. Keepin her rollin.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 AM   #476
spacecowboy13
Recipes 

May 2012
Santa Maria, CA
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
(EDIT - This is a bit of a rant. Just reread today and well... I guess I was feeling a bit philosophical when i wrote it. )

These next videos don't qualify as country music. However, I like the artist and instead of posting on a new thread thought I'd put some of his songs here.. Forgive me please. I do not mean that in a sarcastic way.

This is some music I wouldn't have listened to probably, if not for my daughter.

I heard this today only because my 18 year old daughter plugged in her Iphone to the car's stereo. We were on a two hour drive back to home from heaven.. We spent the weekend at Pismo Beach CA.

So, I could be breaking the thread rules, but seriously doubt that. Cause here in "My Favorite Country Songs" thread, there really are no rules except one. - Share nice music. .

I also listened to some of her rap songs. My opinion? Quite a lot of foul language, however, the songs' meaning had some interesting, I'd even say thought provoking concepts. I do have a favtorite rap (artist?) thanks to my daughter who introduced me. Little Wayne.

Profanity abounds in LW's music, and he can be a bit vulgar.. so is truth. But the guy appeals to me, he's pretty deep if I get past the swear words find his words honest and profound.

My daughter is a good girl and quite religious. Her faith is much stronger than mine. I find myself in awe at her strength sometimes. I really do. That must be kind of weird. She listens to the music, ignores the foul language and just hears the concept.

So as I said this aint country music, and I haven't found a rap song yet I'd share. But music whether it be rap, classical, or as they said in "The Blues Brothers", we have both Country and Western, or it be some Rock and Roll it is somebody's creative outlet and there for us to enjoy.

It helps us get through the day, through life. I think God decided man should have music so it became one of our needs, not a luxury. We need music as much as we need oxygen to breath and live life.

Staying on topic because this is a beer site for goodness sake. Going to say a few more words about God and beer. He gave us water, grain, hops and yeast. What we do with them and how we do it might be a bit different for each of us but in the end... it's life!

I'm posting some songs from Trevor Hall. Truly wish he wouldn't do the "echo" thing; the songs my daughter played today didn't have that echo but I couldn't find them on YouTube.

An accoustical guitar, my son plays one quite well. Makes me seek music in the life that I dwell.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip06RKbV8GY

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ywiu9r-sv0
You're in my neck of the woods if you were at Pismo
Primary: 5W30 Dry Stout, Reverse Cowgirl American Wheat
Secondary: None
Bottled: Smashed Pumpkin Pale Ale, All Rye'ld up RyePA, Atomic Panty Dropper Belgian Strong Ale

Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #477
Dawnhulio

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Portland, OR
Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Who would it be?

Me?

Waylon Jennings
Johnny Cash here, for a litany of reasons... one being his voice can convey so many emotions - sorrow, love, and a general sense of bad-a$$ery...

Old 09-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #478
GarageDweller
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Tulsa, OK

Not a Haggard original, but still a good tune. I'm sure you all know this one.
This is one of those songs that is just referred to as "traditional" because so many people have played it.
Since I'm on that track with cover songs here's another old one. There must be 1000's of versions of this song, but I love the blues, so here's some country blues.
The taps are pouring nice at small axe brewery tonight. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #479
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecowboy13 View Post
You're in my neck of the woods if you were at Pismo
Heading down to Pismo tomorrow. You been to the Pismo Brewery? Nice little place.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #480
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii

Garage Dweller, wish you and your family were around here in California. Be pretty cool to have a family BBQ and play some (well, I'd have to play a CD or something) tunes.

It's a great day today.

GarageDweller Likes This