My favorite country songs - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > My favorite country songs

Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8032 Times on 5611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Yep, I know what you're saying Yopper. Patsy Kline was a wonderful singer and I should have put more Johnny Cash at the top of the list as well. That man never made a song I didn't absolutely love or like. He was one of the greatest country/blues singers ever!

Him, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Hank Williams Jr (who I consider a great country singer which appeals to my rebell side) are some IMHO of the best country singers ever.

Didn't listen to many Hank Sr's song much, maybe I should and not sure at all who Faron Young or Townes Van Zandt are but will look them up.. YouTube is fantastic for this!
Townes Van Zandt is sort of in the tradition of Hank Sr, long gone now. And Faron Young (who my parents dragged me to see at the Grand Ole Opry in about 1970) has a voice very much like Ray Price or Darrel McCall.

Speaking of Darrell McCall, I saw him last spring and he looked and sounded great and was still touring in a small area. He was promoting his niece, Amber Digby, and his friend Justin Trevino.

Justin is a young guy, maybe late 30s, who does "old country" and I LOVE him. He doesn't tour much, even in Texas where we spend the winters, but we saw him last winter. He's blind, but I didn't realize it until he didn't see me. Duh! Anyway, I'll find something that I love by Justin Trevino, because he's the "old country" in the best and purest sense.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #12
urbanmyth
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Twin Lakes, WI
Liked 60 Times on 48 Posts

No problem! I highly recommend the albums "Tonight! In Person" and "Slightly Fabulous Limeliters." They are leaps and bounds better live than in the studio. The banter the bassist comes up with in between songs is unmatched.

Sheldon: If its a brew day, its a good day

raptorvan: it makes the beer so silky smooth its like drinking a glass of giggling angels.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5535 Times on 4682 Posts

My wife put on the country music awards. Some dude in a green jacket was on stage with a beer. Or rather, a fake beer mug. I'm calling it. Fake. Pretty sure it was one of those two wall mugs with yellow water in the middle.

No head. No lacing. No bubbles. The amount didn't go down after he took a few sips and in a side shot it looked like the mug was really empty. Like you could see it was liquid in between the walls. Weak.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 AM   #14
stblindtiger
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Ardmore, PA
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Not that old, but not that new either.... still one of my favorites!

Keg - Berliner Weisse, Lemon Lime Hef, Arrogant Bastard Clone
Bottled - Lots
Up Next - Rye Saison, Pumpkin Ale, Citra IIPA, Rauchbier

Old 04-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2204 Times on 1381 Posts

Thank you all for the responses. I have to look up some the recommendations.

Getting a bit late now and I have to hit the sack..

Goodnight ya'll.

Dan

Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
beersteiner2345
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I can't tell you how happy I am after clicking this.

I honestly thought I would going to see links to Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban videos. Or one of the 345987345872345 new "country" songs about how cool it is to be a redneck.

Dan Likes This 
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #17
Getzinator

Recipes 

Apr 2012
Wilmington, De
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Motorcycles are cool.

I know they aren't all old classics, but neither am I

Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #18
urbanmyth
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Twin Lakes, WI
Liked 60 Times on 48 Posts

Here's a song I remember waking up to while visiting my great-grandmother in Fort Davis, TX.

Sheldon: If its a brew day, its a good day

raptorvan: it makes the beer so silky smooth its like drinking a glass of giggling angels.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #19
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I'm in the wrong thread. I dont like country music in general, old or new, but I do enjoy Buffett, and more recently, SOME Kenny Chesney, and Zach Brown types when they are singing sun, sand, and summer. They find their way on the mix with some Marley when we head to the Cape for our summer vaca.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #20
bwomp313

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Kingston, NY
Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts

My favorite is "Loved ma sister in ma truck" by Chet Yoklin. Those dulcet tones get me every time.