Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > April Fool's Day pranks

Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
Qhrumphf
Spirit of '69
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2425 Times on 1733 Posts
Likes Given: 1053

Default April Fool's Day pranks

Figured since it's one of my favorite days of the year, I'd ask if anyone's ever pulled any really good April Fools pranks on anyone?

One of my better ones: A couple years ago, my coworkers and I stole my boss's car. We parked it a few blocks down the road at a gas station with a "for sale" sign in the window. Hilarious when someone called his cell phone trying to buy it. Fortunately, the guy knew how to take a joke, and was laughing with us about it for a few weeks afterwards.

Bottled: IIPA, APA, American Amber, Robust Porter, Strong Mild, 80/-, Gose, Lichtenhainer
Casked:
Bottle Cellar: Brett B Tripel, Brett C Barleywine, Lamebic '11, Quad, Tripel, Brett C Bitter, Wild Cider, Sour Stout, Wee Heavy

Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
Zuljin
16%er

Recipes 

Liked 4255 Times on 3748 Posts
Likes Given: 1375

I don't generally care for April Fools jokes or practical jokes in general. Too often they are lame or cruel.

But today...

Our Chief started a rumor that the facility will no longer pay overtime. We'll get comp time instead. Now, what makes this work, even though it's April Fools, is that there has been a lot of griping about overtime lately and the main office is notorious for implementing some whacked out cost saving measures. I think one guy was buying it. If not, he did a good job being the straight man.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3656 Times on 2487 Posts
Likes Given: 2473

Sadly, I did not perform any April Fools Jokes this year.

Last year I made sure my youngest *thought* I was going to play a prank on her. She was so paranoid the whole day until bedtime when I let her in on the secret. Making her paranoid WAS the prank!
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2890 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 3520

Yeah I sorta got nailed yesterday at the church I helped start. The Senior Minister stood up at the point where he would deliver the Sermon and said this to the congregation....

"Our guest speaker needs no introduction. His topic today is Einstein's Theory of Relativity As It Intersects with the Theology of Palm Sunday. Let's all welcome Rev. Michael Copado." And pointed at me.

Of course he didn't realize that I probably could have done it.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
PistolsAtDawn
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I pulled a harmless prank this year. I don't care for cruel or mean-spirited pranks, but this was was all in good fun.

Friday night, my brew buddies and I made what was probably our best beer yet in terms of process. We have added some new equipment (pH meter, submersible pump, got the keggles welded with fittings, etc), and we were very excited to try it out. Everything we shot for, we hit right on the head. It was a great feeling!

I have some yeast from one of our local breweries (Holy City Brewing) that we'd had in my fridge for a couple weeks, and we used that to pitch. Well, I didn't give them any updates on Saturday on how the ferment was going (started in less than 12 hours, very healthy yeast!), so come Sunday they both wanted to know. I told them via email that there was a smell akin to death coming from the bucket and that I was "really worried about the greenish tinge to the krausen." I even linked them to here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/i-g...tation-236675/

Later that day, I told them that there was definitely mold growing in the bucket and that I thought I also saw some mold in the rest of the yeast in the fridge.

"I had no choice but to dump the whole batch."

I let it ride for a bit before I came clean.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner

Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 114

I woke up to a text message from my brother-in-law telling me that he changed the names in my sisters cell phone to Harry Potter Characters and that I was "Neville Longbottom" and should call my sister. It was pretty funny.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
TxBrew
Dr. Mantis
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 2003 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 892

Kodak put up a funny one. Kitten Printer.

Print your own kittens at home!

I did nothing.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
IXVolt

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwasbtd View Post
I woke up to a text message from my brother-in-law telling me that he changed the names in my sisters cell phone to Harry Potter Characters and that I was "Neville Longbottom" and should call my sister. It was pretty funny.
Love it

Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
Qhrumphf
Spirit of '69

Recipes 

Liked 2425 Times on 1733 Posts
Likes Given: 1053

The mean spirited ones are the best ones though, provided you're pranking someone you know can handle it. But spreading paranoia of the impending prank that never comes is classic too.

Two of my cousins go at each other pretty severely. One year one had a landscaping company drop off a several ton rock in front of the others' driveway. So he responded by bricking up every door to the guy's house in the middle of the night.

In a little more relevance to this forum, there was one this year y'all may have seen circulating the interwebz that "Coors Light India Pale Ale" will be released soon (at least, I hope that's an April Fools joke).
Bottled: IIPA, APA, American Amber, Robust Porter, Strong Mild, 80/-, Gose, Lichtenhainer
Casked:
Bottle Cellar: Brett B Tripel, Brett C Barleywine, Lamebic '11, Quad, Tripel, Brett C Bitter, Wild Cider, Sour Stout, Wee Heavy

Old 04-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1998 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 3648

I sent a friend a text (he doesnt have HBO) during GOT. "Holy S Ned is ALIVE!"

10 minutes later, and 2 texts from him, "Just kidding, that muthafu@#$@h's dead"

the public demands it so I'm tellin' it accurately.
God sent a mean hail storm my way,
I counteracted with a dirty sack of diapers on his highway.
When I die, I don't need a fancy pine box;
throw my body in the Buick, tune the radio to classic rock. ~Grand Buffet

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!