Battle of the brews Sonoma County fair - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Battle of the brews Sonoma County fair

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
watergod
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Posts: 60


Anybody out there put beer in the Battle of the brews home-brew competition? (Santa Rosa Ca.) if so do you know when we will get results and where do we find the results?



 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
grumpybrewster
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Posts: 5

At a county fair? That sounds nothing short of awesome.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
HopSong
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
HopSong's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 1,949
Liked 100 Times on 88 Posts


Wish I could have gone.. sounded like an awesome event with a ton of great beers... n food.
__________________
Cheers, Bill
Hop Song Brewing

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
thedavid
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 13

I did! It was awesome! My beer, Ryder's Rye IPA, not only won 1st place in the specialty category, but took home the Best of Show award too!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
HopSong
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
HopSong's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 1,949
Liked 100 Times on 88 Posts


Very cool.. lots of congrats heading your way...
__________________
Cheers, Bill
Hop Song Brewing

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
thedavid
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HbgBill View Post
Very cool.. lots of congrats heading your way...
Thanks! It was my first homebrew competition, and I honestly wasn't expecting anything at all. I just wanted to get some feedback from the BJCP certified judges! It was certainly an honor to be recognized like that and I really appreciate the opportunity and all of the great feedback I received.

I love the homebrew community!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
watergod
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavid
I did! It was awesome! My beer, Ryder's Rye IPA, not only won 1st place in the specialty category, but took home the Best of Show award too!
Ok I also put two of my beers in competition but couldn't attend the contest. Do you have any idea how I can find out how I did? I would like to see my scores. Great job by the way!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
thedavid
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergod View Post
Ok I also put two of my beers in competition but couldn't attend the contest. Do you have any idea how I can find out how I did? I would like to see my scores. Great job by the way!
Hey thanks watergod! It was a great time, sorry you missed it!
If you placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any category of the contest you should have received an e-mail from Gabe (Sonoma Beerocrats/ Beverage People). If you didn't receive anything you can probably contact Gabe, or go down to the store to get your score sheets.

What brews did you submit?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
watergod
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavid

Hey thanks watergod! It was a great time, sorry you missed it!
If you placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any category of the contest you should have received an e-mail from Gabe (Sonoma Beerocrats/ Beverage People). If you didn't receive anything you can probably contact Gabe, or go down to the store to get your score sheets.

What brews did you submit?
I e-mailed Gabe last night and he said that he posted the results on the home brew club web site but you have to be a home brew club member to see the results. I'm hoping he will e-mail me or just mail me the judges comments on the two beers I entered. I entered an IPA and a honey wheat.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
watergod
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Posts: 60

I live in Galt Near Sacramento, quite a drive to pick up the scoresheets.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump