I'm doing something stupid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepGuy

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has bragged about eating 27 hotdogs over 9 innings at a Royals game. I told him that's not so big a feat and will eat 28 over 9 innings at this friday's Royals game. It's buck night that night, which is why it was chosen. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my friends, but this is totally stupid. It's been talked up amongst my circle of friends now and I'm gonna look chicken or something if I back out now. So I'm committed (or at least should be).

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of not eating too big a dinner thursday to keep the system mostly empty and not eat much if at all on friday until the game. During friday, drink a LOT of water and some beer before the game starts. Then hit the toilet and hotdog vendor and game on.........Just hope I don't get too sick from it.

Don't drink too much, especially beer:(
Skimp on eating the buns if he will let you get away with it.

Good Luck

Variety in the toppings will help... a little mustard on a few, a little ketchup on some others, lot just plain. And just don't think about pig testicles...

Yeah. I'm thinking that I'll need some water to get me through all the sodium in the dogs, but I won't be drinking anything other than that while I'm doing this.

Maybe eat nothing but salads between now and then and for several days after. I hadn't considered too much the impact on my health until I talked to my sister who is in school to be a Physican's Assistant. I'm taking in a lot of calories in 9 innings and a lot of fat.

Yeah, I'm really hoping after all this I can hold off on the ciggys still. I'm pretty sure after 28 hotdogs I'd just about kill for a ciggy.

Actually, DO NOT MISS YOUR MEALS before hand. The food you eat (overeat) will stretch your stomach.

Before the game you need to go to the bathroom and purge your stomach. That's the best I can help you with.

Good luck...fool!@!:D

Yeah, I've considered the 1 dog every other out, plus 1. I just did some quick math at the farmland website (I think the hotdogs at Kaufmann stadium say farmland on the package) and I'm gonna be taking in 5,040 calories and 7 days worth of fat and sodium at this ball game. That's just the dogs, haven't factored n buns yet. I'm having some serious second thoughts.

homebrewer_99 said:
Actually, DO NOT MISS YOUR MEALS before hand. The food you eat (overeat) will stretch your stomach.

Before the game you need to go to the bathroom and purge your stomach. That's the best I can help you with.

Good luck...fool!@!:D

He is right. Don't skimp on meals or eat small portions. Maybe the night before, eat a smaller than average meal and don't eat the day of, but you have to stretch that stomach out, not shrink it.

Just checked a package of buns from the kitchen and according to the wonder bread buns I have on hand I'll have to add 3,080 to the calories. So I'm gonna be taking in 8120 total calories (in theory based on the farmland cheap hotdogs and the wonderbread buns I have on hand.)

Dont worry about the calories fat and sodium. Your body won't be able to process the food as fast as you're eating them, so after the game just puke up as much as you can. It still won't be the best nutritionally, but it won't be 5000 calories.

I'll try to if it comes up. Never been in a situation where I had to puke quietly. LOL.

JeepGuy said:
Just checked a package of buns from the kitchen and according to the wonder bread buns I have on hand I'll have to add 3,080 to the calories. So I'm gonna be taking in 8120 total calories (in theory based on the farmland cheap hotdogs and the wonderbread buns I have on hand.)

Park your car in Lawrence and walk.
You'll burn 7641 calories

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1045430

At a 20 minute mile pace you'll cover the 50 miles in 16-17 hours

LOL. Nice, joke about my home town team. Actually they suck and I'd be more into baseball if I didn't live in their city. And it's possible that Lawrence is my destination after the game anyway. I grew up there and my mom's b-day is sunday along with fathers day. So I can start walking after the game and hopefully get there by sunday for dinner? LOL

Yeup, big meals the day before for the stretch.

Skinny people normally can eat more than fat people because there is less fat around the stomach so it can stretch out more. Makes sense - I only just found this out.

Yeah, I read that before I did a hotdog eating competition at work once. Unfortunately for me, I've got a few extra pounds constricting me around my belly region.

JeepGuy said:
LOL. Nice, joke about my home town team. Actually they suck and I'd be more into baseball if I didn't live in their city. And it's possible that Lawrence is my destination after the game anyway. I grew up there and my mom's b-day is sunday along with fathers day. So I can start walking after the game and hopefully get there by sunday for dinner? LOL

....and stop by Free State Brewing and put all the calories back in. Never been there, used to live in Kansas (Liberal) about 23 years ago, but I've heard nothing but good things about them and their brew. Planning on stopping there the next time I head to Liberal (kinda round about trip) and check them out. Ordered one of their John Brown Ales shirts, looks cool.

Allan

JeepGuy said:
Any suggestions? I'm thinking of not eating too big a dinner thursday to keep the system mostly empty and not eat much if at all on friday until the game. During friday, drink a LOT of water and some beer before the game starts. Then hit the toilet and hotdog vendor and game on.........Just hope I don't get too sick from it.

I seem to remember Pumbaa has done something like this. Send him a PM.

Yeah I've been known to kill a few dogs now and again. If you are going for just mass quanity you need to start preparing yourself last week . . . SO . . .
  1. Over the next few days eat normally, just like you always would
  2. Drink as much water as you can tolerate between now and a few hours before the game (you dont want to already be full when you start), It will help strech your gut.
  3. Before you start take a dump and leak, it will help make room
  4. When you start eating use just enuff condiments (if any condiments at all) and fluids to keep your mouth and throat lubed up. Your gonna need some help keeping your mouth and throat wet enuff but you dont want the fluid to take up space
  5. PACE YOURSELF and BE PREPARED. Make sure you always have a dog ready to go as soon as you finish one
  6. DO NOT STOP. Taking a break will just give your stomach time to send signals to your head that you cant eat anymore
good luck

I think I could eat quite a few- probably 10 or 12, not 28. I haven't actually tried it, though.

I wouldn't pace myself over the whole game- I'd eat 5 or 6 each in the first 5 innings. Like Pumbaa said, if you take a break, you'll be too full.

Ok, the big update. Due to excessive BMC intake pregame, and a premature exit of very few hotdogs from my system, I was given a "You've embarassed yourself enough and you need to stop now," award. So I didn't make it and my buddy isn't gonna let me live it down for a while now.

Live and learn I guess. I'm so embarassed.

JeepGuy said:
A buddy of mine has bragged about eating 27 hotdogs over 9 innings at a Royals game.

Ask for proof of the event - a witness or something. If no witness can be provided get him to do it again.

Its a royals game, the play on the field may make you puke...Sorry, a bitter royals fan speaking

BTW, I'm from Lawrence as well, but just moved to KC

Actually they won 6 to 2 I think. I do recall that they won pretty big if the score isn't exact. But, yeah, it's kind of a rare event for them to win.

Back