I'm doing something stupid - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I'm doing something stupid

Old 06-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #21
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Pistol Wavin' New Haven, for now...
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Evil Concoctions

Maybe carry a portable defibrillator?

don't bother they'll have one at the stadium. Oh, wait, it's a royals game... maybe not...

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 06-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #22
JeepGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2005
Lawrence, Kansas
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

LOL. Nice, joke about my home town team. Actually they suck and I'd be more into baseball if I didn't live in their city. And it's possible that Lawrence is my destination after the game anyway. I grew up there and my mom's b-day is sunday along with fathers day. So I can start walking after the game and hopefully get there by sunday for dinner? LOL

Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #23
dibby33

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Hobart, Tasmania
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Yeup, big meals the day before for the stretch.

Skinny people normally can eat more than fat people because there is less fat around the stomach so it can stretch out more. Makes sense - I only just found this out.

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Old 06-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #24
JeepGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2005
Lawrence, Kansas
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, I read that before I did a hotdog eating competition at work once. Unfortunately for me, I've got a few extra pounds constricting me around my belly region.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #25
howlinowl
Recipes 

May 2007
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy
LOL. Nice, joke about my home town team. Actually they suck and I'd be more into baseball if I didn't live in their city. And it's possible that Lawrence is my destination after the game anyway. I grew up there and my mom's b-day is sunday along with fathers day. So I can start walking after the game and hopefully get there by sunday for dinner? LOL
....and stop by Free State Brewing and put all the calories back in. Never been there, used to live in Kansas (Liberal) about 23 years ago, but I've heard nothing but good things about them and their brew. Planning on stopping there the next time I head to Liberal (kinda round about trip) and check them out. Ordered one of their John Brown Ales shirts, looks cool.

Allan

Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 AM   #26
JeepGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2005
Lawrence, Kansas
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah. Cool place. Good food and good brew. I like it a lot anyway.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:39 AM   #27
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy
Any suggestions? I'm thinking of not eating too big a dinner thursday to keep the system mostly empty and not eat much if at all on friday until the game. During friday, drink a LOT of water and some beer before the game starts. Then hit the toilet and hotdog vendor and game on.........Just hope I don't get too sick from it.
Quote:
I seem to remember Pumbaa has done something like this. Send him a PM.
Yeah I've been known to kill a few dogs now and again. If you are going for just mass quanity you need to start preparing yourself last week . . . SO . . .
  1. Over the next few days eat normally, just like you always would
  2. Drink as much water as you can tolerate between now and a few hours before the game (you dont want to already be full when you start), It will help strech your gut.
  3. Before you start take a dump and leak, it will help make room
  4. When you start eating use just enuff condiments (if any condiments at all) and fluids to keep your mouth and throat lubed up. Your gonna need some help keeping your mouth and throat wet enuff but you dont want the fluid to take up space
  5. PACE YOURSELF and BE PREPARED. Make sure you always have a dog ready to go as soon as you finish one
  6. DO NOT STOP. Taking a break will just give your stomach time to send signals to your head that you cant eat anymore
good luck

Old 06-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #28
Ryanh1801

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Addison,TX
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Hope you have a better digestive system that I. I can not imagine eating that much.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #29
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8010 Times on 5599 Posts

I think I could eat quite a few- probably 10 or 12, not 28. I haven't actually tried it, though.

I wouldn't pace myself over the whole game- I'd eat 5 or 6 each in the first 5 innings. Like Pumbaa said, if you take a break, you'll be too full.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #30
fifelee

Recipes 

Dec 2006
Vaughn, MT
Liked 40 Times on 27 Posts

Pray for a high scoring game with very long innings. Good Luck.