Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > 2012 Sam Adams – DC101 – DC Homebrewers Club Competition

Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default 2012 Sam Adams – DC101 – DC Homebrewers Club Competition

Just saw this competition. Maybe its just me, but thats a lot of beer I would have to forgo for this competition (if I placed). They also don't state if there will be BJCP judges. Don't really know why I'd need to send 3 bottles in, and def not trying to give a case of my beer away - they also posted about this a week ago today, not a lot of time for people to brew. IDK, poor planning methinks

http://www.dchomebrewers.com/?p=150

Old 04-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
TheH2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I wish I knew I would be getting feedback from judges for the 3 beers I'm submitting. Also, it is unfortunate that 15 people make the "finals" so 15 people will be surrendering about half a batch of beer. However, it is for a chance to win a trip to Oktoberfest. That's a lot of upside and besides, serving your beer at a bar would be kind of cool.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
TheH2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just wanted to provide follow up for future reference in case they do this event again next year. They do have score sheets for all the beers that entered (79). I received four score sheets, two with comments and two which only had scores.

I was lucky enough to make the finals and had the opportunity to serve my beer to the general public. Sure, it was 2.5 gallons of my beer but I can't explain how much of a thrill it was to see people truly enjoying your beer. I brewed a Weizenbock which is a style a lot people there had not had so the flavors in it were very surprising to some.

I didn't place but will certainly enter my beer(s) next year, will enter two next year if they continue to allow it.