Stuck keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokems

Reaction score
I've got a delicious black Ipa that won't come out of my corny at more than a trickle.
It's holding pressure, but no beer. I think the the out flow is mostly blocked, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions on how to get me back to speed? Thanks.

I've never had that happen but maybe bleed off the gas, remove the out post, and run a sanitized dip tube brush through it.

If you're keg hopping sometimes a hop sock can get wedged underneath the dispensing tube. I've had that happened before. The first time was the most aggravating as I spent about an hour trying other things before realizing what it was.

Or crank the pressure up a bit (like from 10psi to 15 or 20) briefly, and open your tap with a bucket beneath it. Close it, open it, close it, etc. The force of the opening can push out the blockage. Purge and lower pressure after of course.

I had this with a large hunk of trub that somehow made it in to my keg, or precipitated out of the beer as it settled.

Also, make sure your temps aren't right around freezing, it's possible you have a line that's got some ice in it. Had that twice...hold the line in your hands to warm it and it'll free itself. Then turn your fridge up a bit.

I had Tha happen the first time I kegged. I had dry hopped and my cold crash was only at 42 degrees before I put it in the keg. I pulled the beer post and the poppit was clogged with hop matter. Once cleaned all was well again, although I had floaties for the first 8-10 pulls.

Back