Pipe smoking, a lost art. - Page 70 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Pipe smoking, a lost art.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #691
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffbier View Post
I decided to go out and pick up another pipe today. This is what I came home with;

I'm going to break it in tomorrow with some Holiday Spirit.
Very nice dude!! I've been shopping for an upgrade to my first pipe. I went cheap the first round and bought a $10 drug store hardwood. Way too much lacquer, smokes real nice but it's impossible to light w/o bubbling some of the finish.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Stauffbier Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #692
CHefJohnboyardee
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Columbus, OH
Posts: 404
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post
I just bought my first pipe. Just a beginner pipe. So far I like it. I don't know if this beats a cigar yet. Lol
I feel better the next day after smoking a pipe compared to a cigar. Plus it is so much cheaper.

Stauffbier Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #693
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 7,077
Liked 2180 Times on 1365 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CHefJohnboyardee View Post
I feel better the next day after smoking a pipe compared to a cigar. Plus it is so much cheaper.

Depending on the cigar I'd have to agree. Sometimes I over due it on the cigar part. They go so well with beer.

A pipe doesn't tend to leave your mouth tasting funky like a cigar can but it can will singe your mouth and tongue if you overdue and puff to quickly. Thats my experience. Depends on the pipe and tobacco to I suppose.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #694
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,118
Liked 1048 Times on 641 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
Way too much lacquer, smokes real nice but it's impossible to light w/o bubbling some of the finish.
Yeah... That doesn't sound good!

Tonight I'm enjoying a blend of Mclelland's Christmas Cheer and Chocolate Silk.

I'm pairing with a flemish sour, and it goes together nicely.

Cheers friends!
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #695
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffbier View Post
Yeah... That doesn't sound good!
Not good at all. Good ol' cob'll do the trick though. I'm smoking a bowl of Lewis' B&B with a 75 min IPA. Lots of sweet chocolate and vanilla in this blend, really nice smoke.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Stauffbier Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:53 AM   #696
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,118
Liked 1048 Times on 641 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
I'm smoking a bowl of Lewis' B&B with a 75 min IPA. Lots of sweet chocolate and vanilla in this blend, really nice smoke.
Sounds good! I'll have to put that one on my list!
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #697
CHefJohnboyardee
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Columbus, OH
Posts: 404
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffbier View Post
Yeah... That doesn't sound good!

Tonight I'm enjoying a blend of Mclelland's Christmas Cheer and Chocolate Silk.

I'm pairing with a flemish sour, and it goes together nicely.

Cheers friends!
You should try to find some Odell Meddler if you like the flemish sours. I don't know if they distributed in TX or not...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #698
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,118
Liked 1048 Times on 641 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CHefJohnboyardee View Post
You should try to find some Odell Meddler if you like the flemish sours. I don't know if they distributed in TX or not...
I don't recall seeing it, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the recommendation!
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...


 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:54 AM   #699
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
NordeastBrewer77's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 7,881
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffbier View Post
Sounds good! I'll have to put that one on my list!
I'll send you a little when I ship your beer off, I think you'll like it a lot.
__________________
The Polk Street Brewery

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #700
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Stauffbier's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
El Paso, TX
Posts: 5,118
Liked 1048 Times on 641 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
I'll send you a little when I ship your beer off, I think you'll like it a lot.
Great idea! Thanks! I'll send you some of my 'baccy too!
__________________
Bier war sein letztes wort dann trugen ihn die Englein fort...


 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Want to Start Smoking Pipe Tobacco Doc Robinson General Chit Chat 27 11-16-2012 03:00 PM
First Day Quitting Smoking pizzaman General Chit Chat 24 04-28-2009 09:01 PM
Smoking and Hangovers Chris_Dog General Chit Chat 1 01-27-2008 05:43 PM
IPAs & smoking LostDakota General Chit Chat 3 01-19-2008 01:23 AM
Hookah Smoking ghostofdavid General Chit Chat 14 12-05-2007 04:21 AM


Forum Jump