Knock on wood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iv_hokie12

Reaction score
So I was about ready to give up brewing. My first batch was very good, but I wasn't really satisfied with my next three. In the interim I did a wine and a mead which right now are both very good. I thought I would just concentrate on those, but somehow or another I really got back into brewing and did 6 batches in the past month. 5 are done or are bottle conditioning (I drink a few while they are conditioning) and all 5 are good already. Several will get a lot better too! Even the ones I were overzealous with aren't bad. I made an Ordinary bitter on Friday, bottled yesterday and decided what the heck, Ill see what its like right now. I have 50 more. Even 6 days after brew day it is already enjoyable! I'm sure part of the speed has to do with a lack of central AC in my apartment which hovers between 75-80. None of these beers are going to win the competition next month I don't think, but I can be proud to share them with any of my friends. I couldn't be happier. Now I just gotta wait on my brown ale and hope that turns out as good as the others.

Back