Spike Brewing Giveaway - New v3 Kettle

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > oxyclean question

Old 03-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
Rbeckett
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Got my Oxy Free at Wally world for about 7 bucks. I think it was a 4 Lb tub. I'll be using that for a while. I also have PBW and Star-san so I got cleaning and sanitizing covered 100%. I'm a clean freak so I tend to go overboard with my sanitation practices since I am prone to catching infections anyway. Just a thought or two from the fringe.
Bob

Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
Fennis
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You should check Wal-Mart or K-Mart out for Sun Oxygen Cleaner. Its about half the price for the same amount, its unscented, and it cleans just as well as Oxy.

I am not sure if you have a Big Lots near you, but I've found they are the cheapest around for Sun in my area.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

To save money, you really don't need to use as much as they recommend. I use about a quarter of a scoop or less for most things and I've been using the same tub for 13 batches with still some left to spare