Hot; hot - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Hot; hot

Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Oct 2011
Belle River, Ontario
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Saw this yesterday; not sure if it's been posted yet- ouch............

Old 03-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Feb 2012
North Canton, Ohio
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Had it recently at this years Winter Warmer Festival up in Cleveland. Only needed a small sip to enjoy it. Wildly hot, but in a great way. Would be great to cook with, but not for drinking straight up.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
May 2011
North, GA
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

"While still scathingly hot, it is nowhere near the vertigo-inducing concoction I drank out of the cask," he said.

Um, yea. Pass.

Although, Ghost Scorpion Lager wings...

Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Apr 2010
Liked 178 Times on 158 Posts

This type of drink/food other than the sterilizing effect the peppers have, is generally consumed by men, in front of women as a subconscious mating ritual. People, we are funny creatures...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some spicy food. I have a bottle of the closest thing I can get to pure capsicum extract in my fridge. There is a distinct line between "I like the spicy flavor" and "insainly to hot"...
I'm not drunk, I'm from Wisconsin.
We have been out drinking your state since 1848!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Feb 2008
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts

I do alot of work for the owner and brewery. I was there the day it was bottled. You couldn't breathe without coughing! It was wicked. I still have my bottle at home, gotta wait for the right night to share it with a few people i don't like They were dumping 5 gallon buckets of puree in the bright tank cause the original idea of a mesh bag full of whole peppers in the fermenter didn't yeild the right level of hot.
Gaptooth Brewhouse