C3Hoppio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxkling

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Yeast Starter
1L
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
Washed
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 @ 64
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 @ 68
Tasting Notes
Nice mild malty and carmely flavor, with a great transition to citrus hoppiness.
8.5LB Pale Malt 2Row
1.75LB Vienna Malt
.75LB Crystal 60L
.5LB Carapils

.5OZ Columbus 60min
.5OZ Centennial 15min
.5OZ Cascade 15min
Irish Moss 15min
.5OZ Centennial 5min
.5OZ Cascade 5min

Dry Hop 5-7 Days with .5OZ Columbus and 1OZ Cascade

Mashed 152 for 60 min and batch sparged.

I was shooting for a hoppy APA. The OG was increased to the top of the scale to keep the IBU balanced. The flavor is very nice. Upfront you get a nice malty, carmely flavor that quickly transitions into the citrus flavors from the hops, and ends with a firm, clean bitterness that dissipates quickly(probably from the columbus). The aroma is spot on. The beer is young but will most likely evolve even better. I think I might also be picking up SLIGHT Diacetyl, maybe from my rushed primary, should fade.

The haze is just chill haze.
c3.jpg

The diacetyl or whatever flavor I was picking up on has completely faded away, and is a great beer. The best description is a Light (in flavor) West Coast IPA. Fantastic, if I brewed again which I will, I would maybe do 1lb crystal 40 and 2lb Vienna, but honestly it all depends. I don't like re-brewing without changing something, but this is great. The aroma is amazing.

Back