First Brisket (on the BGE) - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > First Brisket (on the BGE)

Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #31
SavoryChef

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Sparks, NV
Liked 148 Times on 98 Posts

I usually inject my briskets with a beef broth solution and cook hot at 275F for 8 or so hours. I wrap it in foil or a aluminum pan at 170F and bring it up to 200F and then let it rest for a couple hours. The best I got was 10th place out of 50 competitors.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
headbanger

Recipes 

Apr 2011
The Hill, KY
Liked 773 Times on 482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
13 hours on the egg @ 225. Came out a hair dry, but that's me being critical. Guests loved it. I am thinking about foiling it next time to help with moisture but could use any tips!

Attachment 53578
I start mine at 200 and let that go to internal 150 or so then turn up to 225 until internal 175-180. Then put in pan and cover with foil, turn up heat to 240 and pull at internal of 197-205. Super moist, super tender but nice pull and bark/ring that legends are made of.

Oh, forgot to mention that I do inject with a broth mixture and dry rub the night before. If you're interested lmk and I'll post up recipes for both.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #33
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Meridian, ID
Liked 386 Times on 289 Posts

That sounds like a solid technique. I will try it out on my next brisket.

I have a digital controller so changing temps like you do shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #34
Hernando

Recipes 

May 2011
Denver, CO
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Another thing you can try is once you hit your temp. Wrap your brisket in foil then some old towel or blankets. Throw it in a cooler and let it rest for an hour. This way the bark isn't ruined by being wrapped while smoking and your juices will be redistributd in the meat. I use this method every time for briskets chucks and butts.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories