sweet, Kombucha online
Ive had some thin wispy ones before, and thought they were dead, but I found you can put em in a mason jar with a cloth over it and give em a 1/4 cup dose of cane sugar, then stick em someplace warm and safe, forget about them for a week or two and they seem to heal up, so to speak.(I forgot one for a month, and when I found it, it was an inch thick. the best one though was a batch that sat too long and became mostly vinegar, but instead of tossing it, I figured Id use it AS vinegar, left it in the back of the pantry and gave it a cup of sugar, forgot it for several months and when I remembered it, it was over 3 inches thick.)
as for those dry-ish looking spots?, Hmm, could be mold, havent seen mold that color on my scobies before, usually green or blue. nor in that large of quantity, mold seems to have a hard time growing on a scobie I think the critters in the scobie and the mold dont get along too well. green or blue mold wont hurt you im told (its in alot of fancy cheese on purpose), its the red and yellow stuff to watch for. Ive even reused scobies with small green/blue spots and havent had trouble. If that is mold, it seems to be doing well, and could kill it. those may be goners. if it were mine, Id taste it and see, if it tastes like scobie, its probobly fine, but if its got that moldy must to it toss em.