Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > calling all disc golfers.....

Old 03-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
509inc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Oh yeah Disc Golf! Started on the Wii and worked my way up to the PS3 disc golf. Usually stick with the classic disc but sometime I'll throw the china plates or throwing stars.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1081 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamb258 View Post
Bear creek stole my fuse!!! Hole 15 I think?? Threw it straight past the basket into the creek
love that course, even tho it's taken more discs from me than many others. i've put two in that mud swamp behind the 5th green, and then the 15th.... the one with the basket right on the drop into the deep part of the creek... that's one of the holes i've d@mn near aced, right through the chains and into the water i did find a like new Cryzstal Avenger SS hang in' out in a tree on the 11th the last time i played there! i'm very much looking forward playing there next time i'm visiting my family in DFW.
speaking of Dallas courses, have you played B.B. Owen? right off 635 and Plano Rd.... great course, nothing real technical, just alotta fun.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Jaysus
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

You take winters off in Minnesota, huh?

I brew beer for our local unsanctioned tournaments. For our last tag league finale I brought two kegs with me, dug a hole, and hid them in the woods:

P.S. I am still in the no-ace club as well... been playing for about 6 years now

PS2: here is my current bag

Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

for the most part, yeah, winter frolf here is a snowy mess. this past winter was an exception, but i only made it out a couple times.
love the kegs in the woods, man! i'm in the process of converting my rolling Igloo cooler into a kegerator for 3 gal cornies, should be a nice addition to the course!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
Jaysus
Recipes 

We had a very mild winter here too... I did not have to break out the ribbons once

I brought a 3 gallon keg to our Ice Bowl a few weeks back... that one was easily concealed in the back of my jeep though. OUr club is the Fighting Llamas... hence the Llama themed names. The ice bowl beer was "Llama Butt"

Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

nice! if we have more winters like this last one, i'll be more of a winter frolfer. but the normal couple feet of snow pack we get really takes away from the game on the longer, more rugged courses.

here's my current bag.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
Jaysus
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
nice! if we have more winters like this last one, i'll be more of a winter frolfer. but the normal couple feet of snow pack we get really takes away from the game on the longer, more rugged courses.

here's my current bag.
That link sent me to my bag... you need to get your member # in the link somehow: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/organi...id=8&mode=bags

note the mid=8 in the above link that is your member ID number.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
NateLTB
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 243

I too am a member of the no Ace club. I've put three or four off of the pin but haven't had one go in the basket yet. I started playing about six years ago when I moved to Portland, Oregon. The course I usually play is called Pier Park and it's pretty much heaven on Earth. My old roomie and I would stop by the McMenamins close to the course in the morning and grab some 22s and then play a round or two.
When I first started playing I would frequent the closest course which has water all around it. After losing a couple of discs I decided I would by an Innova Dragon (the one that floats) and wouldn't you know my very first toss with that disc went off of a tree and ended up about 25' in the lake. It floated there for a while taunting me.
I mainly throw Innova discs and I prefer the Valkarie for my driver, the Coyote for my mid-range and a Discraft Soft Magnet for my putter. I absolutely love all three of those discs and probably won't be changing my bag much.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
TJinWV
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I started playing last year. I only got about a half dozen rounds in before I tore my ACL (playing basketball, not disc golf). Needless to say, I'm still a complete noob and trying to find the right discs for me - all Innova at the moment. We do have a nice little complex here in a county park - Seth Burton Memorial DGC and Orange Crush.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Adamb258
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
love that course, even tho it's taken more discs from me than many others. i've put two in that mud swamp behind the 5th green, and then the 15th.... the one with the basket right on the drop into the deep part of the creek... that's one of the holes i've d@mn near aced, right through the chains and into the water i did find a like new Cryzstal Avenger SS hang in' out in a tree on the 11th the last time i played there! i'm very much looking forward playing there next time i'm visiting my family in DFW.
speaking of Dallas courses, have you played B.B. Owen? right off 635 and Plano Rd.... great course, nothing real technical, just alotta fun.
My school used to be right by BB so I have played that course more than all the other Dallas courses combined =P. It was a nice course for a relaxing round. Challenging at times but no fear of losing discs.