Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > FINALLY got to taste my first homebrew!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
WoolyBooger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default FINALLY got to taste my first homebrew!

Soooo, I kind of jumped in with both feet and did a double bock for my first brew. After 2 excruciating months I FINALLY got to taste the finished product and..... WOW! It is freaking awesome! My second batch is a honey wheat which I also got to try tonight (as it doesnt have to condition as long as the double bock) and it is also very good. I have an APA dry hopping as we speak and I will be brewing a sweet stout next weekend. Needless to say, I have the bug. I am so glad I decided to pursue this wonderful hobby!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Biobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Ah yes, the home brew bug. Wait until you get the itch, and 3 months later you have a kegerator from a full fridge, a tricked out all grain set up, and more closer space than your wife.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Huisache
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Congrats on your first batch(es)! You are much braver than I was, couldn't imagine waiting two months to try my first.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
WoolyBooger
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisache
Congrats on your first batch(es)! You are much braver than I was, couldn't imagine waiting two months to try my first.
The reason I started brewing is because I couldn't find my favorite double bock anywhere near where I live. So I decided if you can't find it, brew it! Things spiraled out of control from there. and I couldn't be happier about it!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
EatWell
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm into my fourth brew, amber ale, arrogant clone, double IPA, and Saison (fermenting) & brewing a RIS on Monday. I also have the bug, what a great thing to ' harvest' , create, make and enjoy something with your own hands! Cheers!

Old 03-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
WoolyBooger
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatWell
I'm into my fourth brew, amber ale, arrogant clone, double IPA, and Saison (fermenting) & brewing a RIS on Monday. I also have the bug, what a great thing to ' harvest' , create, make and enjoy something with your own hands! Cheers!
Well said. It is a great feeling when you create something from relatively raw materials. I get a thrill from gardening, woodworking, reloading ammo, tying flies, and most recently... Brewing! There is just something special about being more or less self reliant.