Weird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salamander

Reaction score
Still a novice, but I was experimenting with a three gallon BIAB brew. After three weeks of fermentation between 62 and 64, beer clear, I moved to a warmer location and it started fermentation again. Hmm. Sanitation is solid.
Recipe: Biab 2/22 APA
5lb 2 row
3 oz light crystal
2 oz cho12
Muntons yeast
5.5 gallons of H2O
Mash between 153-155 for sixty minutes
OG 47
It's clear again. Have any of you ever experienced this?
Need insight.

Still a novice, but I was experimenting with a three gallon BIAB brew. After three weeks of fermentation between 62 and 64, beer clear, I moved to a warmer location and it started fermentation again. Hmm. Sanitation is solid.
Recipe: Biab 2/22 APA
5lb 2 row
3 oz light crystal
2 oz cho12
Muntons yeast
5.5 gallons of H2O
Mash between 153-155 for sixty minutes
OG 47
It's clear again. Have any of you ever experienced this?
Need insight.

There's a reason Munton's yeast is $1.

You were fermenting on the lower end for ales, which tends to take a while. Yeast are much more active the warmer they get, as long as your not above 70ish you won't have to worry about off flavors. Also shaking the carboy rouses the yeast making a more active fermentation, so that could be it as well. Definitely nothin to worry about though.

You might just be forcing CO2 out of suspension from the agitation of moving it and warming it up...

Ditto to everthing said (except about comment about the $1 yeast - never used Munton's myself). Nothing to worry about.

You might just be forcing CO2 out of suspension from the agitation of moving it and warming it up...

This.

My first question to OP would be this: by "fermentation" do you mean your airlock bubbled? Because that most certainly does not equal fermentation.

Thanks for the replies. The airlock went from dormant, clear beer, to a bubble every five seconds. The beer looked the same as day two of fermentation. Bubbles or CO2 were shooting up from the bottom. Glad I woke it up. I hadn't taken a hydrometer reading.

Back