Ipod shuffle? How many podcasts... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Ipod shuffle? How many podcasts...

Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
uuurang
Recipes 

Mar 2007
madison, wi
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike N Brew
The Jamil casts run about 22 mb per hour.

I have an IAudio 5, which is similar in size to a shuffle, clunkier to use, and way more functional. Has a bunch of stupid colored light schemes, which I turned off and never touched again.
Very helpful, thank you. Giving me a idea of what is available out there.

upon quick search the IAudio is more expensive, $149 for the 1gig, than I want to pay.

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #12
FlyingHorse
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Evanston IL
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuurang
Very helpful, thank you. Giving me a idea of what is available out there.

upon quick search the IAudio is more expensive, $149 for the 1gig, than I want to pay.
No problem. $149 is about what I paid for it a couple years ago, I think Surprised it hasn't come down more than that.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 AM   #13
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 813 Times on 514 Posts

I have the iAudio 5 as well (30 gig mechanical hard drive). It worked great for a while. Lately it's been crashing for no apparent reason. When it crashes, it's a real pisser. It stops playing the current selection, none of the buttons function (including the power switch), and the hourglass icon spins until the batteries die (HOURS AND HOURS!!!). Once it's dead, it'll recover back to normal when charged again...only to crash again after an hour or so.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:11 AM   #14
GoatFarmersInternational
Recipes 

Oct 2006
Goat Falls, MT

I'm with iBeer. I too have a shuffle, and I use it every day. I also have an older 20gig mp3 player that I almost never use anymore.

And it has a non-shuffle function as well. Finding the track that you want to listen to can be a pain if you don't queue it up on your computer before hand, though. It is really nice because of its size, I just keep it in my coat pocket and I always have it.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #15
uuurang
Recipes 

Mar 2007
madison, wi
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

went hook line and sinker for the shuffle. I can get a sh!t load of podcasts on there, more than I thought I could...brewing network, basic brewing, on point with tom ashbrook, tom martino, clark howard, randi rhodes and more to come.

One problem with the shuffle though, either the shuffle function does not work or I am doing something wrong. Won't work for me, just flashes alternating green, orange lights. Am thinking of returning.
Also...It is a pain to figure out what I have and haven't listened to already. Gotta fast forward through stuff to see if it sounds familiar. Oh, wo-is-me! life is soooo dificult!

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.