What did you do that took you 7 hours to clean???
Here's what I do:
- Dump a heaping scoop of OxyClean Free into the Carboy/Better Bottle. (PBW works well too. But it's way more expensive.)
- Put in a gallon or two of hot water
- Shake the crap out of the carboy/better bottle to mix everything up
- Fill it the rest of the way up with hot water
- Go back upstairs, watch TV, go to bed, go to work, whatever. Just do anything except continue working on that fermenter. Let the OxyClean do it for you.
- Come back several hours later.
- Empty the fermenter.
- Rinse, let dry
If I'm in a hurry:
- Put a couple tablespoons of OxyClean Free into the carboy/better bottle
- Put about a couple quarts of hot water in
- Bust out my carboy cleaner and my cordless drill
- Go to town on the muck and mung in there for about 10 or 15 minutes tops
- Rinse, let it dry
No need to spend hours cleaning these things, man!!!