Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Amount of water used with a Shirron plate chiller?

Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 AM   #1
HarvInSTL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Amount of water used with a Shirron plate chiller?

Let me setup my idea and then I would love anyones feedback to help improve this.

I plan on building a semi-portable device that will house my march pump, shirron plate chiller and a container that will hold my pre-chiller w/ water & ice.

I would like to use a submersible pump that will recirculate the water thru the pre-chiller into the shirron plate chiller and then back into the container.

My pre-chiller is 3/8" and the pump and plate chiller are 1/2" I believe. So the question I have is how many GPH should the submersible pump be rated at?

This is one of the pumps I'm considering $27.99 from HF

Any ideas on the container size that will hold the pre-chiller/water/ice?

Thanks in advance!

Oh and here is a picture I found online that will kinda show what i am going for. Just imagine a container that would house the pump/pre-chiller/water/ice attached to this stand.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
HarvInSTL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Found the answer!