Made a batch of this yesterday. I used 60 Walmart tea bags. I added 5 tsp yeast nutrient and used 8 cups of table sugar. Since I'm not a huge tea fan, I wanted more of the citrus flavour so added 1 lemon and 1 orange to the steep, then 1 lemon and 1 orange (cut into small pieces) into the primary.
My LHBS didn't have Montrachet yeast, so I pitched two packets of K1-V1116 that I had in a mini-starter for 6 hours (while the tea cooled down) made of boiled water and 2 tsp of table sugar.
Since the instructions said to stir it every day to introduce oxygen, I decided not to put it under airlock for the first day. Good thing I didn't. It took off like a rocket! The wad of paper towel I stuffed in the neck absorbed much of the foam.
This is the first time I made this recipe and first time I've used this yeast. I was not expecting this vigorous of foaming from my previous experience of other wine yeasts (EC-1118, in my Apfelwein). I don't know if I actually needed the two packets, but it definitely did the trick!