Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Ready or Not E-BIAB Here I Come....

Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #121
btbonser
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Subscribed

Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #122
Neilyboy
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbonser View Post
Subscribed
I am thinking about doing ebiab 10gal batches.. im tagging this tread! Great pics and info!!

Neil

Old 12-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #123
jCOSbrew
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jps101 View Post
Thanks!

I brew in the garage (SWMBO) will not allow me in the kitchen. As such, I am going to add a new circuit to the main panel regardless. Guess I will probably add 50 amp breaker, buy a 50-60 amp w/ GFI Spa Panel and run 30 amp wire from there to where I will brew, which is about 30 feet away.
The wiring you use should accommodate the full load of the circuit. If you have a 30 amp breaker or GFCI then 10 AWG is appropriate. If you have a 50 amp breaker then you need to use 6 AWG wire. The breaker protects the wiring and you don't want the wiring to be the "fuse".

Old 12-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #124
grunewaldj
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
Great thong about these switches is you can pop them off any time if the wiring is getting to tight or crowded.

Wire to feed the cooling fan transformer is connected to the PID switch so it will always be on when the PID is on.

Getting hard to tell what is what. Wiring to the pump switch done.

The PID wired up like I want. The alarm has a hot jumper going from #10 to #13. A jumper from #14 to #1 will make sure I can use the one alarm on the high and low perimeters.

The lid is done.

Lid organized and zip tied.

Inside the case done.

Case cleaned up and zip tied.

I have a question about how you have the alarm wired. First you show it wired with jumpers to use the alarm on high and low perimeters and then you show it wired differently on the next photo. Which way did you end up wiring the alarm? Is there a reason you removed the jumpers?

Old 03-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #125
Bezel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have collected all the parts and am ready to wire it up. For some reason I can't see the pics anymore. Awesome build, and was going to use the pics as a reference with one of Pj diagrams. Have the pics been removed?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #126
aubiecat
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezel View Post
I have collected all the parts and am ready to wire it up. For some reason I can't see the pics anymore. Awesome build, and was going to use the pics as a reference with one of Pj diagrams. Have the pics been removed?
So sorry, I reorganized my Photobucket files and the web addresses are corrupted. I will fix A.S.A.P.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #127
DaSwede
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Subscribed! Great write up! I feel much better about purchasing my parts and wiring everything up!
Bottled: EdWort's Apfelwein, All Citra Pale Ale, Bourbon Vanilla Stout, and Belgian Quad.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #128
aubiecat
Recipes 

The only thing I have changed since the original build is I replaced the old sight glass with the new heavier version from BrewHardware and replaced the 1/2" hose barb (pickup tube) with a 5/8" hose barb. It has helped reduce the cavitation to almost zero.
After a year of use all is still working as it did from day one. I had considered making the sight glass outlet and the spigot outlet a mechanical (solder) connection but they have shown no sign of weakness or fatigue. The white silicone gaskets spread out to about twice their size.
I am still using the same original bag I made. The nylon voile is extremely tough to be so thin and frilly.
All in all everything is still going strong.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #129
brewmcq
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 530 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 2853

I'm punching holes in my basket right this second.. have you found the "every other hole" to work out well enough? Do you think fewer holes would work? More holes?

Cheers!

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #130
aubiecat
Recipes 

As many as you can get without significantly weakening the basket. Just every other hole until you get all the way around. You may have an odd section where the holes don't work out evenly but that won't matter. I will get a photo of mine when I get home. I went back and put more holes after the original fabrication.

brewmcq Likes This