Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1-Gallon Brewers UNITE!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #1781
Leadgolem
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 966 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmtbbq View Post
Next up for my moms birthday party is a batch of Oktoberfest (late I know) and a scale down of NBs Le Petit Orange.. 18-20 bottles should be plenty for a dozen people plus wine
Why not make the wine too?

Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #1782
JollyIsTheRoger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by divrguy View Post
That reminds me I need to do a brown ale. I ran that out of my pipeline. So, whats a cyser?
It is a mix between cider and mead. That one was 4# of orange blossom honey, 1 gallon cider, and a mountain of berries.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #1783
muleskinner90
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by divrguy View Post
+1 for sure boil it...cool it ..great advice Bleme
Did it! Thanks for the advice! Boiled the water last night, let it cool over night and added it this morning. Sanitized a measuring cup and used that to transfer to the fermenter/carboy.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #1784
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem
Why not make the wine too?
I got a six gallon wine kit for Christmas- as soon as I find a bucket big enough I'll make it- but it'll take a year to age. Planting a small vineyard this spring- Zinfandel, Cab Franc, and Malbec

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #1785
SquidRavioli
Recipes 

Default NooB Introduction

Hello all brewers! Name's Chris from Dayton, Ohio. I thought this would be the appropriate place to make my introduction as I am embracing the 1-gallon all grain brewing world. My wife got me the Mr. Beer kit for Christmas, I brewed up the batch of American Light it came with and it is clearing up nicely in the LBK fermenter.

I also received the book "Beer Craft" from my sister and I decided I wanted to do some all-grain brewing but do not want to make 5 gallons at a time. We have a nice home brew shop close by so I went in and put together all the appropriate supplies. I also picked up all the ingredients to do my first brew (a standard American Pale Ale).

The brewing went well for my first shot but I wrote down notes on everything that could have gone better for the next time. Here are pics of the mash & boil. I'll snap a pic of the fermenter and it get it up here as well. Should be ready to bottle come 1/14/13.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and growing my brew skills!
Cheers!

Mash

Boil

Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #1786
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidRavioli
Hello all brewers! Name's Chris from Dayton, Ohio. I thought this would be the appropriate place to make my introduction as I am embracing the 1-gallon all grain brewing world. My wife got me the Mr. Beer kit for Christmas, I brewed up the batch of American Light it came with and it is clearing up nicely in the LBK fermenter.

I also received the book "Beer Craft" from my sister and I decided I wanted to do some all-grain brewing but do not want to make 5 gallons at a time. We have a nice home brew shop close by so I went in and put together all the appropriate supplies. I also picked up all the ingredients to do my first brew (a standard American Pale Ale).

The brewing went well for my first shot but I wrote down notes on everything that could have gone better for the next time. Here are pics of the mash & boil. I'll snap a pic of the fermenter and it get it up here as well. Should be ready to bottle come 1/14/13.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and growing my brew skills!
Cheers!

Mash

Boil
Welcome to the addiction! Cheers!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #1787
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Welcome to this little club!

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #1788
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Another pint pour. 6.2% IPA, bitterered with Horizon, with Southern Cross (NZ) and Falconers Flight for flavor/aroma. What an incredible beer! Awesome late boil combo, recommended
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3735376890.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	91999  

Fathom Brewing

-TF

Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #1789
rawkstar320
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

So I need to decide which batch to brew next, an amarillo blonde or the coconut porter.

Technically the porter will take longer, thus I should start it sooner...but the amarillo sounds do tasty!

What would you do? (note: only enough time to brew one batch this weekend)

Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #1790
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmtbbq View Post
Another pint pour. 6.2% IPA, bitterered with Horizon, with Southern Cross (NZ) and Falconers Flight for flavor/aroma. What an incredible beer! Awesome late boil combo, recommended
I mean this in a very respectful way>

The more I read your post, the more I get confused. How can you call a beer incredible if you hate beer? It says in your signature you hate it!

Even when someone loves beer like me... my taste is pretty specific to me as is almost every brewer I know. Although, there are beers that a higher number of Homebrewers will prefer in any one category.. thats the reason we have beer sites like beeradvocate.com rating beers. ... so if you dont even like beer ???? WTF How could you possibly judge it? or say "it's an incredible beer" ?

Enlighten me..