1-Gallon Brewers UNITE! - Page 175 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > 1-Gallon Brewers UNITE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #1741
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
divrguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
, California
Posts: 1,152
Liked 80 Times on 73 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake
Running the first batch through the new setup.........2.75 gallon SMaSH
Cheese how did your first e-brew go. Just curious


__________________
Dive Often! Play Hard and Have a homeBrew!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #1742
twalte
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Roseville (Sacramento), California
Posts: 394
Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts


Brewed my first "one gallon" batches yesterday...actually a lot of fun and quite a bit different than the 5 gallon batches. My first time doing BIAB too. It's nice to be able to work in the kitchen instead of the garage on a cold day.

Ended up brewing a total of 3 gallons of "jalapeno cream ale" recipe from this site and put into three one gallon carboys. Going to kick up the spice in one of the gallons with Serrano peppers when I move to secondary. Testing habanero in the third. It may be too much, but it's only a gallon.

Overall, I see myself doing a lot more of these one gallon batches, especially for the more intensely flavored beers. I'm glad this thread is here.

Cheers...



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #1743
dadshomebrewing
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Chicago, Il
Posts: 817
Liked 110 Times on 76 Posts


so, you started with a three gallon boil, and then divide it out into separate batches?
__________________
'Tis himself

In the fermenters: nada

In the bottle: nada

In the fridge(and the glass): nada

On Deck: anything i can think of

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #1744
twalte
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Roseville (Sacramento), California
Posts: 394
Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by dadshomebrewing View Post
so, you started with a three gallon boil, and then divide it out into separate batches?
Yes...same base brew, but will play with different additions once I move to secondary. I think it will be fun to bottle up and sample with friends...assuming they can tolerate the heat.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #1745
cheesecake
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Palatine il
Posts: 1,056
Liked 41 Times on 39 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by divrguy View Post

Cheese how did your first e-brew go. Just curious
Went really well. I need to order the low watt density element as I had some burning on the hwd element. But hit my numbers and no major issues.
__________________
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled:Plum Wine,Centennial Blonde,Sweet Browns HOP POP,Bruxeles Blonde bbs,American BarleyWine,RIS,

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #1746
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
divrguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
, California
Posts: 1,152
Liked 80 Times on 73 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by twalte
Brewed my first "one gallon" batches yesterday...actually a lot of fun and quite a bit different than the 5 gallon batches. My first time doing BIAB too. It's nice to be able to work in the kitchen instead of the garage on a cold day.

Ended up brewing a total of 3 gallons of "jalapeno cream ale" recipe from this site and put into three one gallon carboys. Going to kick up the spice in one of the gallons with Serrano peppers when I move to secondary. Testing habanero in the third. It may be too much, but it's only a gallon.

Overall, I see myself doing a lot more of these one gallon batches, especially for the more intensely flavored beers. I'm glad this thread is here.

Cheers...
Welcome twalt, love habanero!
__________________
Dive Often! Play Hard and Have a homeBrew!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #1747
bellmtbbq
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
Pennington, NJ
Posts: 564
Liked 31 Times on 28 Posts


My English Mild of sorts, no hops in the boil, just whirlpool for ~5 IBUs using EKG. 1.030 SGish. Nice session ale, sparkling clear in bottle but kicked up trub with aggressive pour

Got a pair of 10 oz pilsner glasses at Kohls today for 5 bucks after a coupon. They're nice and dishwasher safe
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3752751350.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	91477   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3642055572.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	91478  
__________________
Check out my blog! Lambic brewday!

Fathom Brewing

-TF

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #1748
divrguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
divrguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
, California
Posts: 1,152
Liked 80 Times on 73 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmtbbq
My English Mild of sorts, no hops in the boil, just whirlpool for ~5 IBUs using EKG. 1.030 SGish. Nice session ale, sparkling clear in bottle but kicked up trub with aggressive pour

Got a pair of 10 oz pilsner glasses at Kohls today for 5 bucks after a coupon. They're nice and dishwasher safe
That's really not enough IBU to be considered an English mild. Not sure what that would be.
__________________
Dive Often! Play Hard and Have a homeBrew!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #1749
Leadgolem
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,719
Liked 1040 Times on 781 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by divrguy View Post
That's really not enough IBU to be considered an English mild. Not sure what that would be.
Hmm, yummy?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #1750
Leadgolem
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,719
Liked 1040 Times on 781 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyIsTheRoger View Post
How much did all the syrup cost you? I was taking about something similar the other at work but it seemed like it would be pretty expensive. Only doing a gallon gives you the option to do stuff like that so maybe I will try it eventually
Was at Sams' for something else today, the syrup is like 13.86 for the 32 oz container.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallon markings for 7 gallon plastic primary fermenter scone Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 13 03-15-2014 07:16 PM
York, Harrisburg and Lancaster Pennsylvania Brewers Unite ENS Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 14 06-24-2013 11:28 PM
Is 1 gallon of head space in a 5 gallon carboy secondary OK or not OK? msa8967 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 09-08-2011 01:53 AM
Justed Racked my first brew and appear to be low 1/2-1 gallon in 5 gallon carboy. Brandow Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 07-15-2011 05:23 PM
5 gallon batch + 5 gallon primary fermenter = good noisy123 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 13 07-30-2008 11:45 AM


Forum Jump