Clear beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underdog378

Reaction score
I brewed this extract blonde ale back in January for the super bowl. The party didn't end up as big as planned and this beer has stuck around for a while. It started out with chill haze, but now that the beer has been in the keg for 2 months it is crystal clear. Was also impressed with how light the beer turned out for extract. Anyone else have pictures of their clear beer? :drunk:

beer.jpg

Very nice! Maybe not the greatest picture to demonstrate clarity, but this batch of EPA I brewed New Years day was read-a-book-thru-it clear.

Very nice! Maybe not the greatest picture to demonstrate clarity, but this batch of EPA I brewed New Years day was read-a-book-thru-it clear.

Every time I look at this pic I see the Iwo Jima Memorial through the glass. Must be the Jarhead in me. Great pic!

What is yall's secret to clear up the beer so fine. I make some pretty clear beer but the beers in this photos seem professional filtered. I have used 2 stage enzymes from my local brew store in San Antonio, but results are nothing what I see with this pics!

What is yall's secret to clear up the beer so fine. I make some pretty clear beer but the beers in this photos seem professional filtered. I have used 2 stage enzymes from my local brew store in San Antonio, but results are nothing what I see with this pics!

Unflavored gelatin.

finnings in the boil is all i use but time is the big factor!! :)

I only use Irish moss and quickly cool the wort. However that beer was a little more than a year old. That long in the bottle would make anything clear.

This IPA was in primary for 2.5 weeks pre-dry hopping, 10 days dry hopping and 5 days in the bottle (all at 56 degrees F) and was crystal clear. I used harvested 1056.

Beer.jpg

I've had a couple different extract batches clear up significantly while sitting in the keg. One batch in particular, I had about 2 gallons left that sat there for about 5-6 weeks and it became very clear, lost all haze that had been there previously - that was actually a Rogue Brutal IPA clone.

rgarcia78147 said:

Whirlfloc and time at serving temp. Nearly all mine go clear eventually.
You can watch it settle and clear in the bottle, too. Kind of neat to watch over weeks.

Whirlfloc and time at serving temp. Nearly all mine go clear eventually.
You can watch it settle and clear in the bottle, too. Kind of neat to watch over weeks.

In keg works wonders too! racking off in am expect to have clear honey blonde fo movers friday! not best but drinkable!

mjdonnelly68 said:
Beauty.

I made a Blizzard Bock with all snow from the same storm system (end of Feb right?).

How did yours come out? Did you treat your water or go buck naked?

Yeah, it was end of Feb. We got dumped on.
It's pretty good for a first lager. I did nothing special. Standard mash, boil and dry yeast. Absolutely no water treatment ...that was the point;)

My Crop Chopper Premium American Lager shown with post and beam construction in background.

photo-5.JPG

Back