Alabama vote. - Page 54 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama vote.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #531
wailingguitar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Posts: 1,653
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts


I have called Tammy Irons again, as well as Jabo Waggoner and Del Marsh (as per the mass email the AHA just sent out). I have also posted on my facebook begging all my friends to call them too!
__________________
"Why did you.... what was the point of... how drunk were you when you decided this was a good idea?" - DMartin

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #532
aubiecat
 
aubiecat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Alexander City, Alabama
Posts: 1,196
Liked 134 Times on 101 Posts


Got this email from senator Holtzclaw this afternoon that gives me hope. Especially the fact that he says there is no opposition to this bill. It is as follows:

I apologize for the delay in thanking you for supporting HB354. I’m happy to support you and Representative McCutcheon to get this bill passed.

I won’t sugarcoat this – we are literally down to the wire with one legislative day remaining; Wednesday the 16th of May. This bill has simply come too far to not get it’s fair shot on the Senate floor. I requested that it be placed on the Special Order Calendar last week but was unable to have it pushed through the log jam of bills.

I have a couple of “silver bullets” left and will use one this week, hopefully ensuring HB354 is placed on the Calendar. You can visit this page to see what bills are placed on the calendar for next Wednesday - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/senate/senaterules/senaterulescommspecialordercalendar.html

I have also been at work talking with colleagues on both sides of the isle to uncover any opposition and am happy to report that no one has shown any opposition…hopefully that will continue hold true. Wednesday will be a wild and wooly day! Thanks again for your support.

Semper Fi

Bill

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #533
wailingguitar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Posts: 1,653
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts


If we get this through, I think we should have a huge party and invite Mac, Holtzclaw, Irons and the others that have worked for us!
__________________
"Why did you.... what was the point of... how drunk were you when you decided this was a good idea?" - DMartin

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #534
aubiecat
 
aubiecat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Alexander City, Alabama
Posts: 1,196
Liked 134 Times on 101 Posts


If I am alive I would show up for that, with several cases of homebrew, BUT not more than 15 gallons.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #535
wailingguitar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Posts: 1,653
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
If I am alive I would show up for that, with several cases of homebrew, BUT not more than 15 gallons.
RIGHT!
__________________
"Why did you.... what was the point of... how drunk were you when you decided this was a good idea?" - DMartin

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #536
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
homebrewdad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,275
Liked 384 Times on 279 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
Got this email from senator Holtzclaw this afternoon that gives me hope. Especially the fact that he says there is no opposition to this bill. It is as follows:

I apologize for the delay in thanking you for supporting HB354. I’m happy to support you and Representative McCutcheon to get this bill passed.

I won’t sugarcoat this – we are literally down to the wire with one legislative day remaining; Wednesday the 16th of May. This bill has simply come too far to not get it’s fair shot on the Senate floor. I requested that it be placed on the Special Order Calendar last week but was unable to have it pushed through the log jam of bills.

I have a couple of “silver bullets” left and will use one this week, hopefully ensuring HB354 is placed on the Calendar. You can visit this page to see what bills are placed on the calendar for next Wednesday - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/senate/senaterules/senaterulescommspecialordercalendar.html

I have also been at work talking with colleagues on both sides of the isle to uncover any opposition and am happy to report that no one has shown any opposition…hopefully that will continue hold true. Wednesday will be a wild and wooly day! Thanks again for your support.

Semper Fi

Bill
That is huge. I hadn't heard anything at all - a personal response like this, from someone who sounds like they actually care, gives me hope when I had just about given up on it.
__________________
Check out the priming sugar calculator, yeast starter calculator, and the beer calorie calculator.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #537
pentachris
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Montgomery, AL
Posts: 146
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Sounds promising aubie thanks for posting!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #538
CGVT
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
CGVT's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Posts: 2,074
Liked 708 Times on 426 Posts


I got this email today. Get on the phone Monday and call these guys!

Dear Alabama AHA, BA and Support Your Local Brewery Members,

This is the final opportunity to legalize homebrewing in Alabama this year!

The American Homebrewers Association is working with a group of homebrewers in Alabama to legalize homebrewing in the state.

There is just one day left in the 2012 legislative session that the Alabama Senate can vote on House Bill 354. If it is not brought to a vote, it will die with the end of the session. This is the farthest homebrew legalization legislation has ever come in the state, but the outcome is by no means sure.

How Can You Help?
Please call or email the Senate Rules Committee Chair and the Senate Pro Tem to request that HB354 be placed on the Special Order Calendar for a vote Wednesday.

Senator Jabo Waggoner, Rules Committee Chairperson
334-242-7892

Senator Del Marsh, President Pro Tempore
(Please contact the Senator's Chief of Staff)
334-242-7877

If you have not yet called the Senator’s office for your district, please do so and leave a message with his or her assistant politely asking the Senator to pass HB354 to legalize homebrewing this session.

Thank you for your support of homebrewers. Your action will make the difference in whether or not this legislation becomes law. Please forward this message on to any other Alabama residents/businesses that you feel would be interested in supporting this bill.

Sincerely,


Charlie Papazian
President
Brewers Association




Gary Glass
Director
American Homebrewers Association
__________________
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #539
aubiecat
 
aubiecat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Alexander City, Alabama
Posts: 1,196
Liked 134 Times on 101 Posts


Senator Jabo Waggoner, Rules Committee Chairperson
[email protected]
334-242-7892


Senator Del Marsh, President Pro Tempore
(Please contact the Senator's Chief of Staff)
[email protected]
334-242-7877

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #540
CGVT
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
CGVT's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Spanish Fort, AL
Posts: 2,074
Liked 708 Times on 426 Posts


Senator Jabo Waggoner
Senate Majority Leader

Current Office: Alabama Senate District 16
Party: Republican
State House: (334) 242-7892
Home: (205) 822-7443
Business: (205) 978-7405
Fax: (334) 353-8255
Business Fax: (205) 978-7406
[email protected]

Our Current Legislative Goals
Based on our lobbying efforts, we believe Senator Waggoner...
Might Support raising the container size restriction.
Supports homebrew legalization.
__________________
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying some Pale Ale this weekend.....vote! Soldevi General Beer Discussion 37 02-26-2012 03:23 AM
Local brewery needs your vote hawkeyetillidie General Beer Discussion 5 04-29-2011 03:26 PM
Competition Category - time for a vote beesy General Beer Discussion 4 05-27-2010 08:48 PM
Another Vote For Plastic instead of glass - Pics Yambor44 General Beer Discussion 19 03-21-2009 04:57 PM
VOTE For Me on YOUTUBE - DogFish Head Contest Hangman SF General Beer Discussion 10 01-22-2007 03:25 PM


Forum Jump