Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama vote.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #531
wailingguitar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 515

I have called Tammy Irons again, as well as Jabo Waggoner and Del Marsh (as per the mass email the AHA just sent out). I have also posted on my facebook begging all my friends to call them too!

Old 05-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #532
aubiecat
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Got this email from senator Holtzclaw this afternoon that gives me hope. Especially the fact that he says there is no opposition to this bill. It is as follows:

I apologize for the delay in thanking you for supporting HB354. I’m happy to support you and Representative McCutcheon to get this bill passed.

I won’t sugarcoat this – we are literally down to the wire with one legislative day remaining; Wednesday the 16th of May. This bill has simply come too far to not get it’s fair shot on the Senate floor. I requested that it be placed on the Special Order Calendar last week but was unable to have it pushed through the log jam of bills.

I have a couple of “silver bullets” left and will use one this week, hopefully ensuring HB354 is placed on the Calendar. You can visit this page to see what bills are placed on the calendar for next Wednesday - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/senate/senaterules/senaterulescommspecialordercalendar.html

I have also been at work talking with colleagues on both sides of the isle to uncover any opposition and am happy to report that no one has shown any opposition…hopefully that will continue hold true. Wednesday will be a wild and wooly day! Thanks again for your support.

Semper Fi

Bill

Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #533
wailingguitar
Recipes 

If we get this through, I think we should have a huge party and invite Mac, Holtzclaw, Irons and the others that have worked for us!

Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #534
aubiecat
Recipes 

If I am alive I would show up for that, with several cases of homebrew, BUT not more than 15 gallons.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #535
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
If I am alive I would show up for that, with several cases of homebrew, BUT not more than 15 gallons.
RIGHT!

Old 05-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #536
homebrewdad
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 366 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
Got this email from senator Holtzclaw this afternoon that gives me hope. Especially the fact that he says there is no opposition to this bill. It is as follows:

I apologize for the delay in thanking you for supporting HB354. I’m happy to support you and Representative McCutcheon to get this bill passed.

I won’t sugarcoat this – we are literally down to the wire with one legislative day remaining; Wednesday the 16th of May. This bill has simply come too far to not get it’s fair shot on the Senate floor. I requested that it be placed on the Special Order Calendar last week but was unable to have it pushed through the log jam of bills.

I have a couple of “silver bullets” left and will use one this week, hopefully ensuring HB354 is placed on the Calendar. You can visit this page to see what bills are placed on the calendar for next Wednesday - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/senate/senaterules/senaterulescommspecialordercalendar.html

I have also been at work talking with colleagues on both sides of the isle to uncover any opposition and am happy to report that no one has shown any opposition…hopefully that will continue hold true. Wednesday will be a wild and wooly day! Thanks again for your support.

Semper Fi

Bill
That is huge. I hadn't heard anything at all - a personal response like this, from someone who sounds like they actually care, gives me hope when I had just about given up on it.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #537
pentachris
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Sounds promising aubie thanks for posting!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #538
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 393 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 304

I got this email today. Get on the phone Monday and call these guys!

Dear Alabama AHA, BA and Support Your Local Brewery Members,

This is the final opportunity to legalize homebrewing in Alabama this year!

The American Homebrewers Association is working with a group of homebrewers in Alabama to legalize homebrewing in the state.

There is just one day left in the 2012 legislative session that the Alabama Senate can vote on House Bill 354. If it is not brought to a vote, it will die with the end of the session. This is the farthest homebrew legalization legislation has ever come in the state, but the outcome is by no means sure.

How Can You Help?
Please call or email the Senate Rules Committee Chair and the Senate Pro Tem to request that HB354 be placed on the Special Order Calendar for a vote Wednesday.

Senator Jabo Waggoner, Rules Committee Chairperson
334-242-7892

Senator Del Marsh, President Pro Tempore
(Please contact the Senator's Chief of Staff)
334-242-7877

If you have not yet called the Senator’s office for your district, please do so and leave a message with his or her assistant politely asking the Senator to pass HB354 to legalize homebrewing this session.

Thank you for your support of homebrewers. Your action will make the difference in whether or not this legislation becomes law. Please forward this message on to any other Alabama residents/businesses that you feel would be interested in supporting this bill.

Sincerely,

Charlie Papazian
President
Brewers Association

Gary Glass
Director
American Homebrewers Association
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:27 AM   #539
aubiecat
Recipes 

Senator Jabo Waggoner, Rules Committee Chairperson
jabo.waggoner@alsenate.gov
334-242-7892

Senator Del Marsh, President Pro Tempore
(Please contact the Senator's Chief of Staff)
philip.bryan@alsenate.gov
334-242-7877

Old 05-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #540
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 393 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Senator Jabo Waggoner
Senate Majority Leader

Current Office: Alabama Senate District 16
Party: Republican
State House: (334) 242-7892
Home: (205) 822-7443
Business: (205) 978-7405
Fax: (334) 353-8255
Business Fax: (205) 978-7406
jabo.waggoner@alsenate.gov

Our Current Legislative Goals
Based on our lobbying efforts, we believe Senator Waggoner...
Might Support raising the container size restriction.
Supports homebrew legalization.

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.