Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama vote.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #521
dford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

We still have a chance next week.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #522
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 515

I will be calling Tammy Irons again and pleading... maybe she needs someone to wash her car or clean her office... I can do that...

Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #523
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 393 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 304

When is the calendar set for the day (and where can I see it)?
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #524
aubiecat
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I don't think either branch has set the special order yet. I bet there is a huge scramble by everyone to try and get their bills on the calendar for the last day.
You can check it on the Alison site but they don't usually post the final special order until are ready to call the first bill.
I wish there was a way to get some inside information on whether our bill is going to make it onto the calendar or not.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #525
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I bet you are right on the scramble. I think it will pass if it gets on the calendar, but that is a big IF...

I guess I will send and email to the Senators today asking them to support it. I don't know if it will do any good, but it certainly can't hurt.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

Quote:

Old 05-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #526
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Just called my Senator (spoke to his aid) and am trying to get a last minute phone blitz going...

Quote:

Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #527
Accidic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 73

I called mine (no answer) and followed it up with an email in support of the bill.

I'm hoping one of my colleagues is right and they'll put it on for the last day to appear to swoop in and 'save' the day. I'm fine with that if they pass it though. Frankly I don't think they should be able to continue to new business with subsequent sessions until everything from the previous one has been completed.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #528
aubiecat
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidic View Post
I called mine (no answer) and followed it up with an email in support of the bill.

I'm hoping one of my colleagues is right and they'll put it on for the last day to appear to swoop in and 'save' the day. I'm fine with that if they pass it though. Frankly I don't think they should be able to continue to new business with subsequent sessions until everything from the previous one has been completed.
Any bill that makes it through committee should be required to go up for a vote.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #529
dford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I sent an email to Senator Holtzclaw who is our representative on the Homebrewing bill to ask for support to get this bill on the calendar. The last day is going to be busy day because they still have the immigration bill to debate and everyone else that has a bill is pushing to get there's on the calendar for the last day. This bill passed the house on April 26th and it is really disappointing that it came down to the last day to have a chance.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #530
aubiecat
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford View Post
I sent an email to Senator Holtzclaw who is our representative on the Homebrewing bill to ask for support to get this bill on the calendar. The last day is going to be busy day because they still have the immigration bill to debate and everyone else that has a bill is pushing to get there's on the calendar for the last day. This bill passed the house on April 26th and it is really disappointing that it came down to the last day to have a chance.
They will likely put the immigration bill 1st so I hope our bill is only one or two behind. They will waste most, if not all, of the day on the immigration bill. They still haven't passed a general fund budget either. They are going to call a special session this year for legislative redistricting.