Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > My First Fermentation Chamber- HELP
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 59 Times on 29 Posts

Default My First Fermentation Chamber- HELP

Hey all...

So this is the fridge I scored:

I recently purchased this:

I followed the directions exactly. I have the wire taped to the side of the fridge so the actual probe is dangling in the fridge and not touching anything. I put the fridge to the coldest setting as suggested in the directions and then set the temp to 64 degrees to see how well it worked.

Well, currently the fridge is RUNNING and the temp in the fridge is 47 degrees and dropping...Why? Am I doing something wrong?

Pap Don Brewers
Prim #1: Bronco Tamp
Prim #2:
Prim #3:
Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Get yourself a wine bottle or something with a decent amount of water volume and put the the sensor in that full of water. Put a thermometer in the water as well and turn the temp controller up until the fridge turns off. Let it equalize. Check the temp and then slowly adjust it until you dial in your controller. If it's not digital, IMO, you have to dial it in.

Good luck and keep me posted on what happens.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The fridge puts out cold air. The coldest it can get all the time. The only thing that changes is when the temp around the thermometer hits a the cut off point. When the fridge is filled with items it keeps a much more steady temperature. It fluctuates a lot less. The air temperature will likely be lower than a bucket of water or beer. It needs to to bring the mass down to the temp you want it at.